Conquest 1/11/09

tratc1

Hi all! My Mom and I are sailing the conquest, leaving Jan 1th. I've been trying to do some research on excursions now rather than waiting until the cruise. Ports of Call are Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel.

We are doing the dolphin push, pull and swim in Cozumel. Next is snorkeling - but not sure where is better MB or GC. Best I can tell it is GC. Not reading a lot of good about Jamacia really.

Any suggestions on which has the best snorkeling?

Thanks all! :p

I'm on the same cruise as you all. Cozumel has the best, then Grand Cayman, not good at all in Jamaica. We are thinking of going to Negril Beach in Jamaica and have booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion in Grand Cayman then going to Nachi Cocom beach in Cozumel.

Kim

Try and google captain marvins, a private excursion for snorkeling in grand cayman, great price per person. or you can hop a cab to 7 mile island.

jamaica, yes mixed reviews. depends also on which port your come into. we wanted to do the falls but it fell apart as we came into the farthest port and our guide didnt want to drive that far sounded like. the falls is expensive where the conquest docks in jamaica. pick that excursion for another time?

I'd suggest the trip with Capt Marvin's in GC. We did it 2 years ago and are doing it again with the family the week of 1/4.

Much less crowded than the one through Carnival and very good price. If the ship doesn't dock in GC, they will not charge you.

Hi all! My Mom and I are sailing the conquest, leaving Jan 1th. I've been trying to do some research on excursions now rather than waiting until the cruise. Ports of Call are Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel.

We are doing the dolphin push, pull and swim in Cozumel. Next is snorkeling - but not sure where is better MB or GC. Best I can tell it is GC. Not reading a lot of good about Jamacia really.

Thanks all! :p

I liked the horseback ride and swim in Mo Bay; did snorkeling (Reef and Wreck tour) in GC (absolutely wonderful!); and did nothing in Cozumel, but am planning a horseback ride in the Maya ruins there in May.

James

I'm on the same cruise as you all. Cozumel has the best, then Grand Cayman, not good at all in Jamaica. We are thinking of going to Negril Beach in Jamaica and have booked the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion in Grand Cayman then going to Nachi Cocom beach in Cozumel.

Kim

Thanks all!

We're on this cruise, too. We have a tour from Marva Shaw booked for Jamaica, Sting Rays and Carnival tour in GC and we are going to Nachi Cocom, too.

Come on over and join the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691154

Archived