Cruise ship passenger reported missing near Cancun

mamlewis

Definitely a sad situation. When I saw it much earlier today I followed the link to be sure it was not an RCCL ship, more specifically the Voyager.

I will be interested to hear if too much drinking is involved, for some reason that tends to be involved with folks falling over the side.

Christmas is definitely a bad time for things like this to happen, family for a long time associates the death with the holiday so it hurts more...thus if it is anything other than an accident, the timing will be remembered for some time to come.

Safe Sailing to all!!!

I just hope they had a little spat and she stayed on the Island and

nothing bad happened.

Ya know I never sailed NCL, but I have a hard time thinking that you can just fall over board..:confused:...those railings are over waist high???? I hope to that she just missed the ship or something

Penny

Ya know I never sailed NCL, but I have a hard time thinking that you can just fall over board..:confused:...those railings are over waist high???? I hope to that she just missed the ship or something

Penny

I agree, however if someone is a bit tipsy, maybe they try the Titanic pose on the bow? I'd expect the deck officers would see that happening... Climbing on the rails isn't too smart even when totally sober.

As for missing the ship, wouldn't you, if you missed the ship, get word to the ship and your spouse that you are ok? I guess if she was ditching the hubby maybe no call, but call your parents back home or a friend? Show up at home? I'd think the ship would call the port agent to check as well if anyone was looking for the ship...

Hopefully they find her one way or another.

I just hope they had a little spat and she stayed on the Island and

nothing bad happened.

If she had stayed on the island, the ship would know whether or not she returned to the ship (I assume that NCL's seapass system is similar to RCI's and they would know who had left the ship and who had returned), so I believe the disappearance happened while the ship was at sea. I'm sure we will read more about this in the coming days, and I fear that the rumor-mongers and amateur detectives will all weigh in with their theories of what "really" happened.:rolleyes:

Penny

Ditto, I can't understand it either. You'd have to get up on a chair to get high enough.:confused:

Whoo hoo Dave just 2 more days!!! Bon Voyage!

Some idiot on my last Voyager cruise was sitting on the rail to his balcony during sailaway from Mobay. I saw him while I was standing on my balcony on the hump and he was between me and the bridge, where I would think he could have been easily seen. I was really afraid that he would fall overboard.

If she had stayed on the island, the ship would know whether or not she returned to the ship (I assume that NCL's seapass system is similar to RCI's and they would know who had left the ship and who had returned), so I believe the disappearance happened while the ship was at sea. I'm sure we will read more about this in the coming days, and I fear that the rumor-mongers and amateur detectives will all weigh in with their theories of what "really" happened.:rolleyes:

Oh, so true. It's amazing how people who can't figure out what's the heck is going on in their lives can quickly figure this kind of mess out. I pray for the family involve and hope they don't have the time to read what the CC detectives have concluded.

Just a little update, no word yet on this poor woman. However CNN is speculating that she went overboard which leads me to beleive that she was on the ship according to whatever tracking system they have.

I sure hope that they are wrong and she's somewhere on land.

My best to all of the family and friends.

I hate it when they say someone "fell" overboard. I have been on the Pearl and many other cruise ships, and have never been able to see how someone could just "fall" off the ship. You have to be doing something you should not be doing to end up in the water! Hopefully the true facts will eventually come out.

I hate it when they say someone "fell" overboard. I have been on the Pearl and many other cruise ships, and have never been able to see how someone could just "fall" off the ship. You have to be doing something you should not be doing to end up in the water! Hopefully the true facts will eventually come out.

I agree, I hope they find out what really happened.....my thoughts are with the family and friends, how awful that must be to just not know what happened

Is it just me or does it seem that all of these disappearances are strangely reported during the wee hours of the morning?

A lot happens in the wee hours of the morning because they have been drinking all night and are legally drunk. It is a good time to stay off the highways of America when the bars close. Drunks do things that they ordinarily would not do including jumping off ships or falling over the railing while leaning over the side with the heaves.

Archived