Help - Splendor - Ship Time vs Port Time?

kccat06

Does any one know what time the Splendor is on when it docks at the port for getting off and getting back on the ship. For instance, the Caribbean is an hour ahead of Fort Lauderdale time. So if the ship gets into port at 7:00 am on the itinerary is this really 8:00 am in St. Thomas for the purpose of shore excursions not taken through Carnival. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does any one know what time the Splendor is on when it docks at the port for getting off and getting back on the ship. For instance, the Caribbean is an hour ahead of Fort Lauderdale time. So if the ship gets into port at 7:00 am on the itinerary is this really 8:00 am in St. Thomas for the purpose of shore excursions not taken through Carnival. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I`m pretty sure you will stay on ship time.

When I was on the Splendor for the 11/29 cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, La Romana, and Nassau we actually did change our clocks. We moved the clocks up an hour on Sunday night (the 1st sea day) before going to bed and changed them back on Thursday night (the 2nd sea day) before heading to Nassau on Friday. By moving the clock ship time was island time at all stops! Good decision on cruise director Goose's part!

Hope that makes sense!

Take Care

Ashley

So, it seems that it is up to the Cruise Ship management as to what time they will put the ship on. As one person replied that it is on Eastern time when departing Florida and/or the ports time depending on the Cruise Ship management. Anyone experience one way or the other on the Splendor for the Eastern Carribbean please share your experiences.

In all the cruises I have taken (different times of the year) and traveling to Eastern/Western ports, the ship has NOT changed times to local port time. We have always been told to stay on ship's time when going ashore. Generally, tour operators (independent) are aware of ship's time and will make sure to pick you up and drop you back off according to ship's time. But always make sure to take a watch and synchronize it with the ship, and as soon as you go ashore as for the local time and make a mental note of the # of hour(s) difference.

I was on the Splendor in November, and we stayed on ship's time. I guess Goose didnt decide to change it to local time.

I also sailed in November and stayed on ships time. A bunch of people in ports who were on other ships (that we talked to while on excursions) all had times an hour off from ours which was a bit confusing, but I was happy we didn't have to change our clocks.

Tell the vendor what ship you are on and the day of arrival and they will figure it out. They are in business because of the cruise lines and know a lot more about it than we do.

The only ship I was on that changed times was the Elation doing the Mexican Riviera.

Tell your tour operator the ship and date, and they will be there to meet you, and keep your watch on watever time the ship has so you aren't late getting back!

I've only sailed out of the east coast and the Carnival cruises never changed times for us, they stayed on east coast time.

We sailed a few 11 days on Celebrity and the time was changing every darn port it was SO hard to keep track of,and they didn't always update the phones and all so we once got a 6am wake up call at 4am:eek:

Very annoying.

I like staying on the same time, could care less what the ports are on as long as I have my watch and know what time I have to be back.

Happy sailing, Carole

We just got off the Splendor this morning. For the December 20, 2008, xmas cruise, on the first night, clocks were set ahead one hour. On the night before Nassau, they were set back one hour. This change then matches the time in the ports.

Ship time was the same as the port time..

They announced the changes in times and what time it was at each port throughout the whole entire cruise...

Archived