Change in Maasdam 2010 destinations???

airlink diva

Due to my love of the Maasdam (like a few others on this board :D) I'm going to use my $100 deposit for booking another 14 day cruise on the Maasdam for April 30,2010 :D!!!!

I noticed on my travel agent website and HAL website show two totally different port stops for the same cruise time. The HAL site shows ports like St. Barts,Grenada,Bonaire,Curacao and Aruba among the stops while my travel agent's (and a few other online cruise agents) show a different set of ports.

While either set of ports that are shown for the sailing are fine with me, do I take the HAL listing as set in stone or with my cruise being over a year away, expect additional changes??

Happy sailing!!

While either set of ports that are shown for the sailing are fine with me, do I take the HAL listing as set in stone or with my cruise being over a year away, expect additional changes??

Happy sailing!!

I think there are a lot of itinerary changes coming in 2010. The Zaandam has been changed, as has the Rotterdam. It all has to do with a couple of possible charters of the ships to serve as housing during the winter Olympics in Vancouver.

I was looking at a cruise for March 2010 on the Zaandam that was cancelled. It now appears that the Rotterdam is doing it. Maybe there are changes coming down the pike for the Maasdam as well. When you pull a couple of ships out of the fleet for something like 60+ days, you have to shuffle things around to keep the rest of them sailing popular and profitable itineraries. Hence, the changes.

Blue skies ...

--rita

As a TA, I'm sure you know there are changes in itineraries for many reasons. It is far out so as long as you don't try to book air to very early or commit to other expenses, you can always change your booking if an itinerary change is not to your liking.

Archived