shore excursion help

cruisingforsix

We are trying to get the go with gus humanitarian tour but he hasn't answered my e-mail from a week ago and there is a problem with the site today .So we booked the Rio Dulce and Quirigua 9 hr. as a backup and i wondered if it was worth it ,it's a little expensive but it is an all day one and there aren't alot of options there.

My wife and I would like to take this tour, but she has limited walking ability She uses a powered scotter on ship and could use a normal wheelchair on the excursion. How much walking is involved and how hard was it to board the boat? Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our cruise 2/8/2009. We did the tour through Gus...but his partner Jerry was our tour guide. WHAT A AWESOME TIME! Origingally we booked through NCL, but found Gus and canceled NCL. BEST decision ever made. Jerry was an incredible guide.

The original tour was for the Las Escabos (sp?) waterfall and Santo Tomas/city tour(by van). However, It was pouring down rain the day we arrived. Gus greeted us at the Pier and gave us some other options. We could stay in Santo Tomas and keep our original excurstion to the falls, OR we could take the water boars with the Humanitarian tour group to LIvingston where it WASNT raining and then have Jerry take us to a different fall amongst some other sightseeing. We decided to do that instead. THANK GOD WE DID!

I would not recommend the boat ride for anyone with walking disabilities. It was hard getting in and out of the rocky boat AND its not a smooth ride. Dont get me wrong...we had a great experience on the boat, but it was WET and WILD. You will bounce around and get soaked.

When we arrived at Gus's hotel, we seperated from the rest of the Humanitarian groups and headed out with Jerry to the falls. A LOT OF WALKING through the jungle! (anyone with physical disabilities wouldnt of been able to make it)It was the most beautiful scenery. Jerry was happy to show us the locals way of life and answer any questions we had. He then took us to a local place that served authentic Guatemalan food. It was delicious! He translated for us at the markets and while we shopped. I was on a misson to get some good coffee to bring home and he even went around to different places trying to get me the best deal. THANK YOU JERRY!

When our day was over and we made it back to the ship, we ran into some others that took the Las Escobas tour through NCL. They were NOT happy with the tour! When we told them about all we seen and done, they were jealous. Jerry really gave us a AUTHENTIC tour instead of a "touristy" one. I highly recommend booking through Gus!

My wife and I would like to take this tour, but she has limited walking ability She uses a powered scotter on ship and could use a normal wheelchair on the excursion. How much walking is involved and how hard was it to board the boat? Thanks for your help.

It is difficult getting in and out of these boats. And the walking is not easy.

You can check the boats when you arrive and see if will be able to do the tour.

Archived