Carnival Triumph 1A cabins

NCTribeFan

OK, I've read many threads about the "special" 1A cabins, so I know what I need to know about 2444 and 2445.

I'm thinking about a solo cruise, so thought one of those would be great. Anyone know if there is any significant difference between the two? More noise or vibration on port vs starboard side?

Anyone been in one of those vs one of the forward 1A cabins with a porthole?

Now that I appear to be cured of motion sickness (thanks to Ginger!!!), I would consider a forward cabin.

Still, 2444 and 2445 look like fabulous cabins, especially if sailing solo. So much room! But 2201 and 2202 look like they're huge, too. And if I were to talk a friend into coming along, I imagine the forward cabin with the convertible sofa would be preferable to the aft with the bunk.

More noise forward or aft? Which side is the anchor if I were to decide on a forward cabin?

Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Well, you have probably already sailed, or will be before I get back, but I have 2201 and 2202 booked for the end of June. If you have already sailed and booked those rooms, what did you think of them? I will post what I think of the rooms when I get back.

Actually, I haven't. I'm thinking about one for the fall, but will have to wait until after my May cruise because it's costing me a bunch, with all ports and pre & post hotel stays in San Juan. We'll see how I do in an all-the-way-forward cabin on that cruise. That may be the deciding factor.

Not sure I want to wait until mid-summer, but I might not know until then whether I'll be sailing solo or not.

• 2 months later...

Archived