LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Hello Carol!!!

Seeing those L O N G lines at the pier reminded me of a "MONARCH" line! Do you remember that HOT day? LOL!

Your penquin pictures were so wonderful. I especially love the one of "OPUS"! Thanks for sharing!

I certainly miss you and hope you continue to have a great time. Congrats on keeping the RFS. Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady!:D

I have thouroughly enjoyed this thread and have been keeping up with it. One thing it must be strange to go from the PA cold to the warm caribbean to the hot southern hemisphere summer to chilly weather at the Horn and now back to hot weather again. I hope no one is getting sick from the climate changes. Enjoy!

Carol, thanks for the penguin pix - can't wait to share them with my penguin-loving son. It's one of our dreams to be able to take pix like that.

Congrats on the RFS (again!)

SO - are we going to have to play Rock Paper Scissors for the sofa bed on the Serenade? :)

Nah!! We'll just tip the room steward to get Carol an extra egg crate for the sofa bed!

Carol...cute pix....

the little critters are all pre-dressed for formal night!!!!

i can watch penguins for hours...in fact, i did that at the shedd aquarium in chicago.........they are SOOOOO silly!

congrats on the RFS too...sheesh...send some of that upgrade dust stuff to the Ex tomorrow...(actually got any special stuff for the divers???:eek::rolleyes:;)) they better fix our ship....or it's off to modells sports at the mall..wonder if they sell oars????:confused::D

Hello Carol!!!

Seeing those L O N G lines at the pier reminded me of a "MONARCH" line! Do you remember that HOT day? LOL!

Your penquin pictures were so wonderful. I especially love the one of "OPUS"! Thanks for sharing!

I certainly miss you and hope you continue to have a great time. Congrats on keeping the RFS. Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady!:D

Hey, Celia, I have LOTS more pictures, and will post when I get somewhere less expensive for uploading photos!!!

I often tell our Catalina tender story. Phew, what a day!

Which Mariner pre-inaugural(s) are you on?

Hello Carol!!!

I sure remember that, with one of the two tenders breaking down.:rolleyes: There were a lot of unhappy campers that day!

I sure remember that, with one of the two tenders breaking down.:rolleyes: There were a lot of unhappy campers that day!

Except for Carol, who was leading Camp Songs ... :p

Celia, I had the same thought, when I looked a Carol's queue photos! Good times ... :eek:

Carol, apparently, penguin lovers abound on Cruise Critic. I've been collecting penguins for years. I should have had you smuggle one back for me. Not that I'm insinuating that you have any particular skills in smuggling items on board a cruise ship ... ;) I look forward to seeing the rest of the 'guin photos! ~ L

Hey, Celia, I have LOTS more pictures, and will post when I get somewhere less expensive for uploading photos!!!

I often tell our Catalina tender story. Phew, what a day!

Which Mariner pre-inaugural(s) are you on?

I'm on the 2-day starting on Feb 20 - 22.

Celia, I had the same thought, when I looked a Carol's queue photos! Good times ... :eek:

Carol, apparently, penguin lovers abound on Cruise Critic. I've been collecting penguins for years. I should have had you smuggle one back for me. Not that I'm insinuating that you have any particular skills in smuggling items on board a cruise ship ... ;) I look forward to seeing the rest of the 'guin photos! ~ L

i also love the penguins. i had asked letty to smuggle me one home. i sure hope she did (she could ask carol how). i will be at the ship early on the 19th to welcome everyone home.

Lorna: OH YES!!! How could I forget the "camp songs"?! What a day. Maybe we would have loved it more if we could have smuggled on a "penguin"......:D

Waving "hello" to Carol and Rick and Bobbie and all the Mariner cruisers!!!

Had a great day in Satiago........visited a wonderful winery......am with George, Sue and Dave. They flew overnight.......and I got in yesterday, and had a good nights rest.

I´m sure that I will be filled in tomorrow on everything happening. I´m shooting for 5PM at the Lotus Lounge!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Wrona...............consider the deed done!

Weather here is beautiful. Bad news is that closest bar with the Super Bowl is 20 minutes via cab............so will watch what I can in my room.

Seems no one here in Chile could care less about our football games.

I´ll post with Carol.............soon!!

Rick

Had a great day in Satiago........visited a wonderful winery......am with George, Sue and Dave. They flew overnight.......and I got in yesterday, and had a good nights rest.

I´m sure that I will be filled in tomorrow on everything happening. I´m shooting for 5PM at the Lotus Lounge!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Wrona...............consider the deed done!

Weather here is beautiful. Bad news is that closest bar with the Super Bowl is 20 minutes via cab............so will watch what I can in my room.

Seems no one here in Chile could care less about our football games.

I´ll post with Carol.............soon!!

Rick

The last play was very sad for AZ...hope to see them come around in half 2.

The last play was very sad for AZ...hope to see them come around in half 2.

Oh yeesh, it was horrid! But that is what happens and you get greedy. They should have gone for 3 instead of 7.

Back to topic, Rick, George, Dave and Sue, glad you had safe and uneventful flights. Your party starts NOW! Hope you all have the best cruise to date.

Annieeee

We came home from Orlando on Jan 20 and I came down with a very nasty respiratory/flu that is going around all over the country. It is now in epidemic proportions.

CA pharmacies are overwhelmed and have flu epidemic notices posted. I would be willing to bet that the Mariner has some of this going around since they embarked in Orlando/Port Canaveral.

It is a bear to get rid of too!! Normal antibiotics don't seem to be touching it very well.

Please all onboard, stay healthy and safe!

Except that they would have still lost the game with 3 points. . . .

I know its off topic, but I have to disagree with you. If Az goes for three at the end of the half, and makes it, they end the half tied at 10 instead of down 17-7. If the second half goes as it actually did, [16-10 for Az] Az wins 26-20. Of course "if" is the key word.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Mary, IMHO, there were two mistakes that sealed the fate of the Cardinals.

1) Losing the ball right before a touchdown score. (This was pathetic!)

2) Mismanaging the time clock on the last touchdown play of the Cardinals. (also pathetic)

All in all a good game, but the commercials were lack-luster except for just a few.

The worst part of Super Bowl was watching the quarterback on the Steelers make a comment that rendered him a very bad sport in front of millions of people. :o:(

Oh yeah, back to "Going Around the Horn" and your regular scheduled programming!

Archived