Would you take this upgrade from Aft to Mini

kooljamming

I'm surprised that you were given this offer. I figured that Princess would just automatically upgrade you unless your booking was marked as "do not upgrade." And if the booking was so marked, that you would not be offered an upgrade to begin with.

We were on route to Seattle last June when our TA called with an offer to upgrade from our aft balcony to a mini-suite. We got the message when we landed, and refused the offer. We love the aft balconies.

BTW, our booking was marked "do not upgrade". All of the other cabins around us were a large family group, and they wanted our cabin so they could be all across the back of the ship. They told us when we met while all hanging out on our decks.

I'm thinking this question might be a bit old ;-)........ but since you asked for opinions, I'd positively keep the aft. I don't spend much time IN my cabin so the extra space wouldn't do me any good (except for shaving my legs in the shower, and I admit that extra space would be nice :)). However; I so spend a great deal of time ON my balcony 'viewing' and I greatly appreciate the view and sound of the wake.

Cheryl :)

The aft cabins for the 2011 sailing to Hawaii on the Golden are already being sold out. We got C752 and would not give it up for a mini unless it was aft as well. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm thinking this question might be a bit old ;-)........ but since you asked for opinions, I'd positively keep the aft. I don't spend much time IN my cabin so the extra space wouldn't do me any good (except for shaving my legs in the shower, and I admit that extra space would be nice :)). However; I so spend a great deal of time ON my balcony 'viewing' and I greatly appreciate the view and sound of the wake.

Cheryl :)

Absolutely!

I am not blessed with any hair on the legs, so don't need the extra room in the shower:eek:. We were more than happy with the amount of room in the cabin since it was only DH and I. The view, oh the view, the wonderful view. This was our first aft so initially I noticed more movement. It was not a bother and the view made up for it.

(Cheryl- back to Grand Sunset Princess June 18th. I never used the jacuzzi tub in the suite)

2901488300101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

And the sound:

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3046205780101627832hztdex

As much as the extra space in the cabin is nice, I did not like the tub/shower combo. I prefer to shower, and the high sided tub made me feel precarious when climbing out of it after showering and the inside ot the tub was wet. The grab bars were not in a good position, so the only thing I could hang onto was the towel bar, and I worried that if I had slipped, I might pull the towel bar off the wall.

We booked the aft E732 on Sapphire Princess. Now we can go to the AC mini on the Dolphin deck, very forward. I know the mini has more room and a tub (something we won't use). I like the idea of more space but not too keen on that forward at the front of the ship and the walk for breakfast. One more thing, I won't ever be able to afford a mini again until my kids graduate from college, my mortgage is paid off, the stock market hits 13,000 and there is peace on earth. Please don't let that influence your advice....seriously:D

Thanks

kooljamming, Stay with the aft. As others have said, there is nothing like relaxing on the balcony and watching the wake and sunset. Besides, all those things you mention will happen eventually.:rolleyes:

We booked the aft E732 on Sapphire Princess. Now we can go to the AC mini on the Dolphin deck, very forward. I know the mini has more room and a tub (something we won't use). I like the idea of more space but not too keen on that forward at the front of the ship and the walk for breakfast. One more thing, I won't ever be able to afford a mini again until my kids graduate from college, my mortgage is paid off, the stock market hits 13,000 and there is peace on earth. Please don't let that influence your advice....seriously:D

Thanks

You have to decide which is more valuable to you, more space or an aft view. Based on what you put in your post, it would seem to me you would be happier with the aft view.

LOL... I just felt your energy here on the board and knew you'd respond post-haste! :D

I WOULD STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!

We have booked and Aft facing Balcony on the Caribbean Princess this coming August. We had booked a Mini suite but we moved to an AFT facing balcony, we like the view better. We only book suites on Celebrity as they come with way more stuff then most cruiselines suite!

It's funny how posts get resurrected.

I believe that Pauline (Kooljamming) has already taken this cruise and stayed with the aft balcony? Was that right Pauline? :)

I am sure it will be here long after I am gone:D

We did our first mini a few months ago.I tell you once you go mini you will not wanna go back it was great with so much room.think about you can only watch so much water I would be watching tv lying on the sofa while my wife would be in the bead reading that's worth it

Archived