costa concordia soft drinks

forrest08

Can anyone explain the kids soda package to me, can adults use them? Do you buy them onboard or before you go? How much are they? I don't drink alcohol but don't relish a meal without a drink or paying 4 euros for a can of coke at each meal as someone has mentioned. Also (being English) I like an early morning cup of tea, is it OK for me to take a travel kettle to use in the cabin?

Hi,

the drink package, aka the boys & girls card has 20 tickets for non-alcoholic beverages such as soda, milkshakes, fresh juices etc. I believe it was 46 Euro.

As for your morning tea, I don´t believe they will allow such a water cooking machine in your room, however I may be mistaken. The easiest way would be going to the buffet and making your tea there, where hot water is available from early morning till evening. If you are fond of a special brand of tea it might be a good idea to bring that along.

If you intend to drink wine or beer while dining you may want to consider the X1 package as it will also include soda. D/H and I bought the X1 for ourselves and they also brought the kid's soda at no charge during meals. It's a nice program, I sure wish all of the other cruise lines owned by Carnival Corp. would offer this. If you want to order the X1, you should call whoever you booked your cruise through at least a couple of weeks before you sail as it is not available on board.

Travel kettles are treated the same as irons an absolute NO GO. The electrical circuitry is not laid out for such heavy drain equipment.

You can always order breakfast in your room, this is free of charge and can be delivered to the cabin from about 06:00 am onwards (including tea in real china cups).

Ron

Archived