Snacks and Cups

zoya19

Just wondering if we are allowed to take anything off the ship for the kids to snack on while in port? I am wondering if I should bring a box of O's or other type snacks with me in my suitcase?

Also, I plan on bringing sippy cups with me. Is the water safe in the room to drink or is there a place I can fill these up for the kids before going into port?

Thanks

You can only take sealed packages off the ship, like the little boxes of cereal they serve at the breakfast buffet, or any snacks you want to bring from home, as long as they're in sealed packages (so instead of a large box of Os, you'll need to bring smaller individual sized boxes/bags of something so it can stay sealed until ready to eat - otherwise they may confiscate it as you leave).

The tap water in your cabin is perfectly safe for drinking. I always fill a few water bottles/sippy cups before we head out for the day. Sometimes I'll add ice as well to keep them cold.

Best,

Mia

The water is fine, but you'll need to put ice in it--the tap water never gets cold! But, no matter the temperature, it's safe--after all, the ice is made from the water, and the food is made and cooked with it!

You can take pre-packaged foods off, like Cheerios, but no fruit, veggies or meats....it's against Custom's regulations---pests and bugs and such!

• 2 months later...

Always grab a couple of boxes of cereal in the morning even if you are not going off the boat that day. If you plan on grabbing one the day you leave, they won't have the one you want. It always happens to us. One day they have more than other days. This will keep you prepared. I don't know how old your child is, but we always take fruit snacks and the kids are not allowed to eat them unless it's on shore. It's just a little something so they won't get grumpy.

We always go shopping a few days before our cruise for snack items. When the kids were younger, they were individual packages of gold fish, cheese crackers, cheez-its, pop tarts, and small, individual boxes of cereal. Now that they're older (6 and 11), we get some of the same, but also pringles, pretzels, chips, etc. And, we get juice boxes, capri sun, Sunny D. It's nice for the kids to be able to snack while we're getting ready for dinner, or in the morning while waiting for breakfast, and in port. I just grab a bunch of snacks and put them in our beach bag when we get into port. But, we only carry water while in port, no juice boxes.

I took cereal bars that I bought at the airport shop. Noone said anything about it. I bought a bag full of the children kind for my son and the fitness kind for me and my husband. And much to my surprise we ate a lot of that, most of the times on port but sometimes also when we were getting ready to dinner.

Archived