X1Card

jonad

I know nothing about the X1 Card, but from what I read its possibly a cheaper way of buying drinks. We are booked for April 2009. Where can I find out about it and where/how can the card be purchased. I live in Australia, perhaps its only available to UK residents???

It is basically unlimited wine, beer and soda at mealtimes. It cost us about $95 USD each for a week long Med. cruise and was a great deal. If you want to order it, you need to contact Costa or your Travel Agent no less then a couple of weeks before you sail.

It is basically unlimited wine, beer and soda at mealtimes. It cost us about $95 USD each for a week long Med. cruise and was a great deal. If you want to order it, you need to contact Costa or your Travel Agent no less then a couple of weeks before you sail.

Is it possible to get only one(1) X1 card for the week, and both my wife and I share that one card. Or do we both need our own for the week on Costa cruises?

Thanks in advance!

Just did the cruise costa fortuna east carib 01-04-09. Bought the X1 for my wife only... She got some drinks at the bar for me during lunch but did not do it in excess. We shared the wine glass at dinner and were not overly pigs about it and everything worked out ok.. It is the best drink deal in cruising period... It is worth it even if you have to get it for all adults in the cabin even though we did not have to... They served Becks on tap for beer and the wine at dinner kept flowing... You just have to be cool about it and dont act like a drunk pig and the wait staff will hook you up.....

• 2 weeks later...

The X1 card is a great deal. You can get unlimited beer and wine and lunch and dinner for about US$100. We have purchased it for 3 previous cruises and found the wines at dinner were great - they actually brought a bottle of white and red to the table as 4 of us had the package. We did find that if you ordered a glass of wine at lunch from the wait staff you were taking a chance on what was served. But if you ordered at any of the bars the wine was much better. We also found the aft bar would honor the card prior to our dinner seating so we could have a glass while waiting to go to dinner. You have to contact your travel agent and have them add it to your reservation a minimum of 10 days before your departure.

The X1 card is a great deal. You can get unlimited beer and wine and lunch and dinner for about US$100. We have purchased it for 3 previous cruises and found the wines at dinner were great - they actually brought a bottle of white and red to the table as 4 of us had the package. We did find that if you ordered a glass of wine at lunch from the wait staff you were taking a chance on what was served. But if you ordered at any of the bars the wine was much better. We also found the aft bar would honor the card prior to our dinner seating so we could have a glass while waiting to go to dinner. You have to contact your travel agent and have them add it to your reservation a minimum of 10 days before your departure.

I'm confused about the " back bar". Doesn't the wait staff ask you what you want to drink at dinner? Or are you saying, you can stop by a bar & get a glass of wine before dinner? Please explain. I've not cruised Costa in several years, & know very little about the X1 card. I did order it for the transatlantic cruise in March.

Officallly the X1 is only accepted during meal times in either the buffet from the roaming drinks waiters or in the restaurant from your table waiter or his assistant.

Getting a drink before dinner or from bars is pure luck and is probably the exception.

Ron

Yes you can take the bottles of water with you to the cabin, we always do this when we are going on a shore excursion the next day.

IF you have an unfinished bottle of wine you can either have your waiter mark it for you and you have have it the next day or take the bottle with you to the cabin or under the moon light on deck.:rolleyes:

Ron

Archived