Cost to get to Kaibo Beach & Yacht Club

cruzingduo

We have read good reviews of Kaibo here on the board. How far is it from the pier? And what is the approx cost to get there? Could we take the bus ?

We have been to 7 miles beach and have not been to Kaibo, Smith Cove or Old Man Bay. Any suggestions are appreciated.

We go Jan 19th :)

As mentioned in the other Kaibo thread, the Kaibo is very near Rum Point, so getting there involves either renting a car or taking an excursion that stops there.

It's 45 minutes from the pier, each way. There are no buses that go there. A taxi would be about $80US each way, and you'd have to pre-arrange the return trip since there are no taxis waiting/available in the area.

As mentioned in the other Kaibo thread, the Kaibo is very near Rum Point, so getting there involves either renting a car or taking an excursion that stops there.

It's 45 minutes from the pier, each way. There are no buses that go there. A taxi would be about $80US each way, and you'd have to pre-arrange the return trip since there are no taxis waiting/available in the area.

Thanks bookbabe, I guess I need to make another choice. I guess you probably saw my other post asking if there are any beaches with shells.

I guess you probably saw my other post asking if there are any beaches with shells.

I remember seeing the post, but since I have yet to find any beaches that have a substantial number of interesting shells, I didn't respond. Sorry I can't be of more help with that one...we have a place here (I'm in Cayman at the moment) and I have yet to find anything more interesting than a couple of small clam-type shells. (Other than one conch shell, but that had the conch still in it, so we obviously kept our distance from that one.)

If you're looking for something beach-y near the pier, or within a short taxi distance, you're really limited to one of the sections of Seven Mile Beach, or shore diving (or snorkeling) in the Paradise/Eden Rock/Sunset House direction. Or there's the land-based attractions like the turtle farm and Hell, etc. if you want something non-water-related. Otherwise, your best bet will be a tour or excursion of some sort, such as one of the ones to Stingray City or to see the starfish, and some of those combine the water activities with a stop at either Rum Point or the Kaibo.

There's quite a few good suggestions in the stickies at the top of this forum...they might give you an idea that sparks your interest... :D

I remember seeing the post, but since I have yet to find any beaches that have a substantial number of interesting shells, I didn't respond. Sorry I can't be of more help with that one...we have a place here (I'm in Cayman at the moment) and I have yet to find anything more interesting than a couple of small clam-type shells. (Other than one conch shell, but that had the conch still in it, so we obviously kept our distance from that one.)

If you're looking for something beach-y near the pier, or within a short taxi distance, you're really limited to one of the sections of Seven Mile Beach, or shore diving (or snorkeling) in the Paradise/Eden Rock/Sunset House direction. Or there's the land-based attractions like the turtle farm and Hell, etc. if you want something non-water-related. Otherwise, your best bet will be a tour or excursion of some sort, such as one of the ones to Stingray City or to see the starfish, and some of those combine the water activities with a stop at either Rum Point or the Kaibo.

There's quite a few good suggestions in the stickies at the top of this forum...they might give you an idea that sparks your interest... :D

Thanks again. I agree stay away from conch's that are inhabited :) You are so lucky to be in GC! We like 7 mile and we'll probably return, just thought we'd try a new one if we found one with shells.

Archived