Long ways to go!

debmkay

Hubby just booked the Maasdam for Oct 23 09 wow what a longs ways out! Oh well, I am happy that I have a cruise booked! I have 10 months to talk and discuss and compare. All I care about is that I have a cruise booked and that my hubby did that for me. To everyone, Happy new year and Happy cruising!

I booked my Nov.10/08 26 day cruise 15 months out. I thought the day would never get there as it seemed so far away. About 2 months before it finally seemed real and time quickly passed by. Now I can't believe I've been back for over 3 weeks. Both your cruises will be here in a blink of an eye. Have a great one!

Hubby just booked the Maasdam for Oct 23 09 wow what a longs ways out! Oh well, I am happy that I have a cruise booked! I have 10 months to talk and discuss and compare. All I care about is that I have a cruise booked and that my hubby did that for me. To everyone, Happy new year and Happy cruising!

Don't feel too bad. My next cruise isn't until October 4th ... almost as far out as yours. :(

Oh, to be retired and independently wealthy. I'd spend my life booking and taking cruises then. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Our next cruise isn't until Feb 2010. :( But it is for 14 days :)

HAL has some good prices ( in my opinion) on 7 day cruises in Jan.09. It's taking every bit of restraint I have not to book one to get out of this hellish winter. Let's see....pay the mortgage....or cruise....hmmmmm:D.

It's taking every bit of restraint I have not to book one to get out of this hellish winter. Let's see....pay the mortgage....or cruise....hmmmmm

Yeah, price out the airfare, and see if you're still ambivalent :) You could make SEVERAL mtge pmts just for the airfare to get out of this rotten winter. I've got a "hold" on an Alaska cruise for May/09, but haven't raised the subject with DH yet :D And tonight isn't the night -- I've had a bit too much wine to be diplomatic, given that it would be a "girls only" cruise :D (oh yeah, and there's that pesky cat-surgery bill I need to deal with.... I really better get a job!)

At least the last few days haven't been as brutal, and the forecast is better for the rest of the week than it had been in the "long range" forecast. Small comfort, considering we have what? 5 months? 6 months? left of this cr*p!

But we aren't in Leduc, where it is currently -30. Ugh.

Yeah, price out the airfare, and see if you're still ambivalent :) You could make SEVERAL mtge pmts just for the airfare to get out of this rotten winter. I've got a "hold" on an Alaska cruise for May/09, but haven't raised the subject with DH yet :D And tonight isn't the night -- I've had a bit too much wine to be diplomatic, given that it would be a "girls only" cruise :D (oh yeah, and there's that pesky cat-surgery bill I need to deal with.... I really better get a job!)

At least the last few days haven't been as brutal, and the forecast is better for the rest of the week than it had been in the "long range" forecast. Small comfort, considering we have what? 5 months? 6 months? left of this cr*p!

But we aren't in Leduc, where it is currently -30. Ugh.

I think you better give your DH a few glasses of wine before you bring up the Alaska cruise:D. I actually did price the airfare to go out on the 23rd of Jan. for the 24 cruise and it was $491 to San Diego. I was quite surprised....seems reasonable. The whole cruise and air was going to be around $1325 before the overnight hotel in San Diego. Remember....that single supp for me so it might sound high to some. I hear we are supposed to get 10cm of snow on Friday in Calgary on Friday and I get to go back to work that day! I hope it's not going to take me 3 hours to get home like it did the last storm. So help me that cruise will be booked quicker the I can say "get me out of here":D.

Hi Deb,

Don't know if you remember me. I sailed on the Zaandam from Pt. Canaveral with you and your husband (Cigarman) back in 2004. Or was it the Veendam from Tampa in 2005? :D

Anyway, I feel your pain. My last HAL cruise was March, 2008, and my next isn't until December of 2009. To fill in the gap, I booked a cheap, quickie 5-day Carnival cruise out of JAX for this coming Monday.

Roz

We booked our Oct/09 cruise in March/08. During that time I've spent hours pouring over the CC boards as well as looking into hotels in Athens because we're going to fly in the day before, getting quotes on private tours, and just generally gathering information. The time will pass quickly; we're already at 275 days and counting. To some it means a long, long time - to me it means the excitement builds day by day; is it any wonder I rarely sleep the last week prior to a cruise?!?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Roz, it was the Zaandam out of Pt. Canaveral, I know the name well, but can't put your face to it, sorry. I hope the 10 months will fly by, I am sure they will, I will just annoy eveyone on Cruise critic! Just kidding! But I am sure I will be here alot for the next 10 months. One question.... We will be at sea on Halloween, any cruisers familiar with what goes on Halloween... costume parties etc?

Archived