Times Square hotel ideas???

J Free 203

• 2 weeks later...

I personally never found any that cheap when we were looking, but you may get lucky!

This is the map that I used to figure out where we wanted to stay, its great for checking out all the hotels in the area!

http://www.timessquarenyc.org/facts/documents/TimesSquareDistrictMap2008.pdf

Hope you find something (we're paying $336/night after tax for the Comfort Inn at 46th and Seventh Ave to give you an idea).

DON'T LAUGH!!! There is a Super 8 IN TIMES SQUARE. The rooms are REALLY SMALL but they list at under $200 so I am sure you can find a deal to lower it more. I think they might have changed the name to just the Hotel in Times square but the address is

Hotel at Times Square

59 West 46TH Street

New York City, NY 10036

While its standard charges may be a bit high for some (but certainly affordable for the pricey location), this hotel often offers discounted rates that can make it a real bargain. The hotel features clean and comfortable rooms, and the location is phenomenal;it is near Rockefeller Center , the Theater District and the Museum of Modern Art , as well as St. Patrick's Cathedral , Grand Central Terminal and the United Nations

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great thread. We hadn't considered staying in that area because we thought it was too expensive, but you've given us hope.

This works great because we can stay in a safe area and park our car, walk to some of the great landmarks and subway it down to the Battery end if we have time.

We like the Doubletree Suites in Times Square because if one of us stays up later at night or wakes up earlier in the morning, that person can go in the OTHER room to read or watch TV without disturbing the other person!

• 1 month later...

Archived