wine package

tiggerlily

We are sailing on vision in Jan.

Has any one a list of charges of :-

buying a bottle of wine in the dining room each night

vs

the wine package you can purchase when boarding.

and if the package is a lot cheaper which is the best one to go for.

Thanks for your help

Yes I have; but no matter what I do, I cannot fite it into the 19.5 K attachment limitations. I have a WORD document with tables that compares the various wine packages and selections .

If you have an e-mail you trust me sending it to, I can .

Yes I have; but no matter what I do, I cannot fite it into the 19.5 K attachment limitations. I have a WORD document with tables that compares the various wine packages and selections .

Cruise Cat can you send me the list too? My email address is in my profile. Thanks.

We just did the Gold 7 Bottle package on our cruise. We only got our bottles in the main dining room, but they said you can request wine at the varioius bars. Not sure about requesting it in your room, except you might be able to take a bottle back to your room from the main dining room.

Also, I recommend purchasing your package once you get on board. For some reason the price was different when I looked at pre-purchasing it. It was cheaper on board.

Also, I recommend purchasing your package once you get on board. For some reason the price was different when I looked at pre-purchasing it. It was cheaper on board.

see below [/quote]

We did the Gold Wine & Dine on our last three RC cruises and for example a bottle of Danzante Italian pinot grinio was $26 (avg. price inc. gratuity) with the W&D Gold pkg, $35 to prebuy as gift and $38 with gratuity to buy separately onboard. So with this wine the Gold W&D offered a price and saving of almost 1/3 below the individual onboard bottle cost. The W&D Gold pkg have 5,7,10 and 12 bottles options and all average out at $22.60 per bottle plus the 15% gratuity or about $26 total. This is only available onboard embarkation day and the next day. RC usually has a table set up outside the MDR to promote and sell these packages.

I would suggest that you review all the W&D packages as the same wines sometimes are offered on all three levels as is the case with the above wine and the Lindemans Semillon/Chardonnay, two of our favourites. Why play for the Diamond package when you can get the wines you like on the less expensive Gold pkg. One confusing thing is if you buy the W&D pkg online precruise the price indicated includes the 15% gratuity and when you buy it onboard, it is advertised without the gratuity which is than added on when you purchase this package. In both case the price is the same.

You can view all W&D offerings at RC web site under

Deals & Gifts > Shop Gifts & Gear > Wine & Dine

Each pkg has a place where you can click on to see the selection of wines in that pkg.

Here a link to the above on RC's web site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...catCode=WINDIN

That would be great.

I think you can get it off my profile. let me know if not and i will give it to you.

cheers

vs

Thanks for your help

if you order the wine on embarkation do you have to tell them which ones you want, or can you deceide in the dining room which wine you want (as long as its in your package)as it will depend on what you order.

thanks

if you order the wine on embarkation do you have to tell them which ones you want, or can you deceide in the dining room which wine you want (as long as its in your package)as it will depend on what you order.

thanks

You decide each night. We have done this both cruises we have taken, and we love choosing a different wine depending on what most of us are having for dinner.

Enjoy

Sue

vs

Thanks for your help

I found it cheaper to buy a package prior to boarding we bought the five bottle package but on night 6 we purchased in the dining room and the bottles had no pricing on them it ended up being a $52.00 bottle of wine probably inflated by 500%! still drank it though...

Also look at the wines offered for each package. For example the wines that highlevel package offered over the mid or low level pack didn't really interest me, but the mid level did have wines that I wanted that the low level package, so I ordered the mid level package.

Also if you don't drink all of the bottles in the package on the last night you can choose however remaining bottles you have left and take them home with you. This happened on my last cruise. Had two bottles left so took them home with me (we drove to the port)

Archived