Sunrise Question

Cruzer Nut

Hi All,

Just a question for all those Guru's out there.

About the Sunrise and what side of the ship will rise each morning.

We sail to New Calendonia then onto Fiji, We booked a Balcony Cabin Port Side on Baja Deck Midships (the upgrade fairy didn't come to visit :()and we would like to know if we can leave the Curtains open at night and not be blinded in the morning by the sun.

Are we able to do this on the way or will we have to wait until we are sailing home.

I think it will rise on the Eastern side!!;)

Sea days on the outward journey will see the sunrise over the bow/starboard. Hard to say when arriving in port, as the ship will be manoevreing in different directions into port.

Sea days returning home will have the sun coming over the port side of the stern.

If anything, you wil have less direct light on the outward trip, but the bright sunshine on crystal waters will reflect plenty of light too.

Hi Fi,

We leave the curtains open virtually all the time. On the occasions when we had a balcony we left the door open unless it was too hot and humid outside. I get up during the night (guess why???) and at that time close the curtains so we aren't woken too too early. :)

Evon.

Thanks Guys, Had a bet with myself that it would be Geoff who answered First ;)

East - West - Port - Starboard hey if there's water all around me it's all gobbdleygook to me!!!!:o

Gee Evon, Only once a night I could be so lucky :o:o

I love natural light and Fresh Air but Michael would prefer to live in a Cave with No Light. He wouldn't mind having an inside but I won the argument and got a Balcony as well!!!!!

He learnt a long time ago not to argue with me :D

Happy New Year Everyone :D

Archived