snorkel trip booked on the dock?

susiesan

Has anyone who has been to Curacao recently see any vendors selling 3-4 hour snorkel trips from the dock? Do you recall the price? There don't seem to be any companies with web sites to book with and I don't want to use the ship tour. Will be there in January from the Dawn Princess.

Thanks for the info,

Susie

Hi Susie:

I am also interested in what you find out as we will be there in March. Next to nothing posted on the CC boards unless I am not looking in the right spots. I will keep checking back to see what this thread comes up with.

Debbie

Hi Susie - we're going to be there January 2 (i think) on the Dawn and are seeking out the same info. based on what i've come up with i'm thinking of simply catching a taxi to some of the better beach snorkel sites such as Playa Porto Marie and Coos Aboi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Returned Dec. 26, 2004 there were no snorkeling trips offered off the docks when we were there. Taxi to the Caracas Bay was not cheap, for some reason, as with other island they charge per person, not per taxi, finally took the city tour for $15/ person for 2 hour tour, plenty operators doing that, and had them drop us off. which worked out better for us. Don't count on snorkeling trips off the docks. arrange for them to pick you back up $5/pperson, no taxi to hail off the streets at the bay.

• 1 month later...

I know it's a little late for this post, but we took a last-minute "booked through the ship" snorkeling excursion that left from the ship's dock in Curacao. We were re-routed (supposed to have gone to Barbados) due to Ivan (while Ivan was actually hitting nearby islands). We paid roughly $50pp, and the excursion may have lasted 3 hours. We cruised along the coast for 45 minutes, and our cruise ship was within our view almost all the way to where we dropped anchor to snorkel. Not the most scenic area, looked like a gutted out quarry right next to a rusty offshore oil rig. The water was clear, but nothing to see but a sunken ship (probably a tour boat from earlier that month, ha, ha!). Good opportunity to get used to our newly purchased fins & mask, but nothing to write home about. Probably best to catch a taxi and go somewhere else.

Archived