embassy suites or sheraton riverwalk

resusit8ers

:confused:I am undecided about these two places. Embassy suites is $250 and Sheraton is $150 but at embassy suites we get the managers special and made to order breakfast. I think they both have shuttle service to the port. Embassy suites has the 2 rooms (living and bedroom) where sheraton will be regular hotel room. We are sharing the room with another couple. Can anyone help me make the decision. Is embassy suites walking distance to the port? Please help.

Undecided

Can not help you with Sheraton but if you are talking about Embassy Suites on 17th

they do not have a shuttle unless you buy the "cruise package" when booking a room.

It is only about 15 minutes from FLL airport and 10 minutes to port. Easier to just take a taxi.

No place is within walking distance to port. It is not designed for foot traffic and it is a very long way from the gate on 17th street to where the cruise ships dock. You would have to walk through a lot of commercial cargo, container sections before getting there.

I assume the couch at the Embassy Suites pulls out into a bed?? I have never looked!

There are lots of places to eat around Embassy Suites, and a open air mall right behind it.

Liquor store is one block away.

Does that help a little??

Oh I hope you were talking about Fort Lauderdale. LOL

If your ship is docked at pier 1 or 2 it is an easy walk to and from the port to the Embassy - there is no walking through container areas, however, I do not recommend walking to the port with all of your luggage - It is about a $10 taxi ride depending on which pier your ship is at - if you are at pier 20 or greater it will be a $a5 - $20 taxi ride.

Ron

Stayed at the Tampa Embassy in October pre cruise. There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel which also takes you within a 5-10 mile radius of the hotel. Shopping mall across the street and shuttle will take you to one a little further away. Walgreens within walking distance. Sofa opens up to full size bed.

Breakfast to order good and managers cocktail party okay - beer and mixed drinks (not top shelf liquor).

Be careful not to stay on smoking floors (unless you smoke) as the smoke hits you as soon as you get off the elevator. Smoke smell in the room also very strong. Next time I'll opt for the non smoking floor and let husband go outside to smoke his once a day pipe.

The hotel does offer a shuttle to the pier for $10 pp. You make reservations at the front desk when you check in. In October I paid a lot less for this hotel than $250. Check out the hotel website itself for rates.

resusit8ers

I think the taxi and hotel shuttle were just about the same price. The pier is definitely not in walking distance though. Call the hotel front desk and ask. They are very accomodating and answered lots of my questions post cruise. They were alos very accomodating about taking us to Target, Walmart, a shopping mall and another hotel in the area where friends stayed on their shuttle bus.

resusit8ers

By the way,there are 2 Embassy suites in Tampa Downtown and Westshore. The one that you can walk to the pier is the Downtown although it is not a pleasant walk (thru a true cargo dock area) . When we went in October the Downtown was twice the cost of the Westshore. We stayed at the Westshore then used the shuttle. The Downtown does not have a shuttle from the airport or a shuttle to get you around and you have to pay I think $25 to take a taxi to get there. It is newer. You get the same free breakfast and cocktail party at each.

Check to see which one is less money at the time you are leaving then factor in the taxi and shuttle to make your decision.

Archived