Easter on a cruise ship with kids - Easter Bunny

misterjohnny

We will be sailing with our 5, 7, and 9 year old in April out of Galveston (Carnival Conquest).

We will be staying in Houston on Sat night, going to church Easter Sunday morning, then getting a shuttle to Galveston to board.

My question is, for those who have had similar schedules with little kids, how did the Easter Bunny work for you? Did he deliver back at your home? Deliver on the ship? In the hotel?

Thanks.

If you have to fly in, then bringing an easter basket may be tricky (so bulky!)--If you decide to have the Easter bunny visit on the ship, use a hat as the basket--or a sand pail--anything that will hold the "goodies" that you've already brought on your trip! That way, you won't have anything extra to carry onboard that you really don't need!

We will be on the Miracle on Easter and I haven't yet decided what to do for our 4 and 8 year old girls. I read somewhere on this board that you can get collapsible baskets at Walmart so that might be an idea. Also, our PVP suggested the Mermaid beach set you can purchase through Carnival. They also have the build a bear type activity so that might be a nice treat for the bunny to bring. With the airlines now charging for luggage - whatever I bring will be lightweight and small.

If they are gullible enough to believe in the Easter Bunny- they'll buy anything!

I just gave my son that basket the day we left with things like goggles, suntan lotion, smacks and little toys for the plane ride with a note from the Easter Bunny explaining why it came early. Worked out great!

We always do an Easter Egg hunt. We bring the filled plastic eggs and leave them behind. Somehow all the candy disappears when he's not looking and is replaced with things like raisans and balloons. We've done it on the ship and in a hotel. I've explained to my kids over the years that if they don't believe, nothing happens. They are 32 and 25 and yes, there is a Santa Claus. :rolleyes: If on ship, we scatter things around the cabin and they look, and the adults in our group get special treats left on their pillows. In our hotel last year the treats started at his hotel door, down the hall and into our room where there was a small toy waiting for him.

We've taken 2 cruises at Easter and both times I've hidden candy filled plastic eggs around the cabin. I also bring gallon sized zip lock bags for them to put the candy in. If you have 2 or more kids, bring a sharpie to label the bags.

I also bring an extra package of plastic eggs and lots of extra candy for the room stewards.

We started a cruise on Easter Sunday last year. I bought the collapsible Easter baskets and planned to have the Easter Bunny visit our hotel room. We flew in the day before.

After considering this plan, I decided to have the Easter Bunny visit us at home the morning we left for our vacation. I didn't want all that chocolate in the suitcase. :eek: Plus, I've had the experience of having my luggage go missing and I didn't want to have to explain why EB didn't visit us at all.

• 2 months later...

I am traveling over easter as well with my 18 yo niece..lol. I went to target and found a pastel colored gift bag that is actually made out of the same fabric as the re-usable grocery bags. This is extra good for us because we collect those bags..lol and they pack flat in my suit case! I then am putting some candy, playing cards and such in a plastic shoe box and stashing the whole thing in my luggage. this will keep the plastic eggs from cracking and the candy from getting banged up. I will put it all together for her on easter morning!

I've brought a small fabric Easter basket that packs very easily. I also bring a few trinkets and a chocolate bunny. I've found that when we were on a cruise during Easter, interest in the bunny and basket were pretty low....there was just too much else going on vying for her attention.

Archived