Help planning first cruise!

vacationlover1969

My husband and I are trying to plan our first cruise. This is a special year because we are both turning 40 and it will be our 20th wedding anniversary. This is why we thought of planning a cruise. We will be bringing our 6 year old daughter with us so we need a kid friendly cruise (she is very social). I dont want to spend a fortune and we are kind of tight on dates. It will have to be over Labor Day and 4-5 nights. I have 2 questions in particular... if you fly to your departure port, do they have transporatation from the airport or do you have to do a taxi? The other question is what are the best cruise lines for our situation... Carnival, Royal Carribean etc.?

Thank you so much for any input! It just seems a little overwhelming!:)

Whether you need private transportation or a cab will depend on the airport/port! If you fly into MIA to go to the port of Miami, a cab is your best and fastest option.

Either RCI or Carnival will suit a 6 yo just fine! They both have a good kid's program and lots to do onboard.

To cut back on costs, don't book excursions unless it's something that you REALLY want to do--you can save money by just hitting the beaches in some ports, for the cost of a cab and maybe a chair rental!

Talk to a travel agent, get some brochures, and make your choices! You'll all have a fine time!

Archived