Repositioning in Fall 09- Europe to FL

LynnTTT

My husband and I are planning a 2-3 week vactaion in mid-Fall to Greece and Turkey. I'm trying (w/o much luck so far) to convince him that returning to the US via a "repositioning" cruise would be a good deal. I've seen some really cheap deals going to Europe in the spring, so I assume the deals back will also be good. Some of the Europe to USA cruises leave in Late October or November, a little later than we were planning. In addition, the best deals are last minute and I would then have to make a one way plane trip arrangement, all the land arrangements and them have no concrete plans to return until the last minute ( 4-6 weeks actually). Any suggestions? Anyone do this recently? I'm trying to comvince him that the 2 week cruise back won't cost much more than the difference between a round trip and a one way plane ride.

• 5 weeks later...

There are many, many people who cruise back to the US after other cruises..It is much more relaxing than running through the airports.. and the prices are usually right..The ports are at the beginning of the cruise with relaxing days inbetween and if your lucky... you have five to seven days at sea before getting to Florida.. Trans-atlantic cruises are our favorite kind and we are in our seventies.. they are not port intensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Parrot Mom Have not read a post from you lately. Probably because I have been obssessing on Greek/Turkey cruise on Nautica.

Same exact dates as last year's Connie TA. Hope you and Pop are in good health. I have a new grandson and we are planning at least 6 land trips with family before May so none of the cruises fit in YET!

Well first..lol. we unexpectedly booked a cruise with Merman.. he was on the Connie with us. At their insistence we are doing the Manaus to Ft. Lauderdale on the Pacific Princess..I've always wanted to cruise the Amazon and here we are.. all paid up.. we even have a cabin with a balcony...across from the washing machine room..life is good..There is or was a special promotion/price for new Princess cruisers and thats where we fit it..Then we had the Equinox booked for 11/5 from Rome.. tours set, etc. etc. but I really, really wasn't happy about the port.. many we had done again.. So..last week I booked the NCL Gem from Barcelona (wonderful barcelona) to NYC for 13 days.. the ports are wonderful..B arcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Ajaccio and Malaga. The total bill that came yesterday was a shock.. I thought the price did not include port charges, etc. but it did.. I think the "hook" for the ship (more on that later) is the additional charge restaurants.. I have a dear friend whose daughter works for now a firm that does the entertainment for NCL and she says that the Jade, jewel and Gem are their best ships.. People I know who have been on the Gem more than once love the ship... so off we go again in November.. Parrot Pop maybe alot slower but we are up and running.. We need Yellow Fever shots which we wiil probably get this week for the Amazon.. we already have our Visas..So, we must of met on the Connie.. I have dear friends who are on it right now.. they had only cruised the Pacific Princess... so it will be interesting to hear their take.. I will tell you I have met the NASTIEST people o n the CC board... ever..Merman and I agree this may be our first and last Princess cruise... I did love the Connie and am anxiously awaiting the itinerary of the Eclipse which wil be stationed I've read in theUK and doing Iceland. So how is y our trip to Greece/Turkey coming?

Trip to Turkey is coming fine. 9 days of intensive ports and only 1 sea day. We will be gone 21 days total. Just now decided to put house on the market again so guess won't cruise for summer -- awhh having to stay home wherever that may be. Prices are great now especially if you can get good air. I got $804 roundtrip for Istanbul by way Madrid and Athens. Perfect arrangements. Used up my luck for awhile:rolleyes:

Living up here outside of Boston and having the worst winter ever with MORE SNOW on Wedneday I need those days at sea.. We love the t/a because they aren't as port intensive.. I've about had it with the weather.. I don't ever think I'llsee green grass again..most of mine is still covered under a blanket of snow

Living up here outside of Boston and having the worst winter ever with MORE SNOW on Wedneday I need those days at sea.. We love the t/a because they aren't as port intensive.. I've about had it with the weather.. I don't ever think I'llsee green grass again..most of mine is still covered under a blanket of snow

Hi Parrot Mom,

Don't let a few nasty people deter you from sailing Princess, or any other cruise line. I hope you have a great time on the Pacific Princess. We will be sailing on her in June '09, to Alaska.

Even though you have snow, I envy you for living in/near Boston. I love Boston and the Cape Cod area (my mom lived in South Dennis). You have access to some of the BEST seafood anywhere in this country. My mouth waters just thinking about Clam Chowder.

Alan

Hi Parrot Mom,

Don't let a few nasty people deter you from sailing Princess, or any other cruise line. I hope you have a great time on the Pacific Princess. We will be sailing on her in June '09, to Alaska.

Even though you have snow, I envy you for living in/near Boston. I love Boston and the Cape Cod area (my mom lived in South Dennis). You have access to some of the BEST seafood anywhere in this country. My mouth waters just thinking about Clam Chowder.

Alan

JUSt a few moments ago had wild caught haddock with lobster stuffing and sauce from Chatham..Just went to the travel show in Boston...such deals..lol. THAT nasty person has had my post taken off when I tried to help somebody...yesterday...INCREDIBLE...INCREDIBLE..

JUSt a few moments ago had wild caught haddock with lobster stuffing and sauce from Chatham..Just went to the travel show in Boston...such deals..lol. THAT nasty person has had my post taken off when I tried to help somebody...yesterday...INCREDIBLE...INCREDIBLE..

Life is too short to let a few nasty people get under your skin. Instead, think about all the great people you have met on these boards and on your previous cruises.

I can't wait for our cruise to Alaska, so I can get some fresh seafood. You are so lucky to live in an area with incredible seafood.

You have to be kidding We are having another storm tonight.. we have had record snow up here and if I see one more snow storm I'll scream.. It's bitter cold and windy...Oh yes.. have met great people on these boards and on the ship.. As a matter of fact (and I won't name names) one of the moderators is joining us on our Amazon cruise..we've been adopted by them..lol.. If I want to see whales up go out of Cape Cod or Gloucester, bears are in the Western part of the state..ice bergs..well I can always watch the Titanic without having to put on a heavy sweater or jacket..lol.But life is an adventure and as long as we can go... I'm going for it

Archived