Pearl Aft BA 10668 & 10168

Coco421

We were lucky to just book these 2 rooms for 2010 Alaskan cruise.

Are the balconies the same size as other balcony in BA cat. And is there a divider that can possibly be opened up between these 2 since we're all traveling together?

Happy New year! :)

Are the balconies the same size as other balcony in BA cat. And is there a divider that can possibly be opened up between these 2 since we're all traveling together?

Happy New year! :)

We were just on the Gem cabin 10168, same basic ship I am told. Yes there were doors to open and the balcony was biggger with 2 chairs, 2 small tables and 2 loungers on it.

29116791_OntheGem(13).jpg.042193b2222c0ea6879db878f5513624.jpg

We just had these two cabins on the Pearl a few weeks ago. It was really wonderful. We were travelling with another couple and we had our steward open the balcony divider. There was room for loungers because these two balconies are so much larger that the regular BA cabins. We tipped our stewards and asked them to bring us a couple of loungers which they did. It was really fantastic and we spent so much more time on the balcony than we would have normally. Almost every morning we had room service breakfast outside on the balcony (there is room to move your cabin table outside). Enjoy!!

You'll love it, especially for Alaska. Very calm on the stern. Great for scenery watching in the Inside Passage. We had 10165 on Jewel (equivalent of 10168 on Pearl) for a trans-Atlantic and couldn't have been happier. Having the much deeper balcony (and wider, as well, encroaching a bit on the Romance suite next to it) makes a huge difference. Enjoy.

We just had these two cabins on the Pearl a few weeks ago. It was really wonderful. We were travelling with another couple and we had our steward open the balcony divider. There was room for loungers because these two balconies are so much larger that the regular BA cabins. We tipped our stewards and asked them to bring us a couple of loungers which they did. It was really fantastic and we spent so much more time on the balcony than we would have normally. Almost every morning we had room service breakfast outside on the balcony (there is room to move your cabin table outside). Enjoy!!

I also have one of these cabins booked, do have any pics? can the ppl on deck 11 see down into the balcony? thnx

I also have one of these cabins booked, do have any pics? can the ppl on deck 11 see down into the balcony? thnx

From deck 11 you can see the "extra" part of the balcony, that is, the extra two to three feet of depth that the deck 10 balconies have. As I wrote above, we had 10165 on Jewel and most recently 10166 (the AD Romance suite next door to 10168) on Jade and never had a problem with "peepers" from the deck above. Don't fret. Just enjoy it.

Over Christmas we cruised on the Jewel in 10168. The BA Aft cabins you have booked have larger balconies than the regular BA cabins along the side. We had to request the loungers. You can request that they open the partition between your two balconies so you will have one huge balcony. Having the aft balcony was the best part of the cruise for us. We never went to the pool as it was too crowded. Here are some photos.

DSCN0503.jpg.b425ef0444f7635fe84468c790dfcfa7.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg.b25f19e4e16fa74d59d2d264bd8c4b41.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg.a24ed9929bb85444bc2c055cfc4f29db.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg.e0e841390eb940ab7283e4dbed7a5669.jpg

Over Christmas we cruised on the Jewel in 10168. The BA Aft cabins you have booked have larger balconies than the regular BA cabins along the side. We had to request the loungers. You can request that they open the partition between your two balconies so you will have one huge balcony. Having the aft balcony was the best part of the cruise for us. We never went to the pool as it was too crowded. Here are some photos.

Thank you for the photographs.....sailing in cabin 10668 on the Jade in 2 weeks can't wait [even more after seeing views]

Susan

For those of you who cruise on The Pearl can you tell me how large the aft-balcony deck 9 is. Also is it covered and what type of furniture can I expect? It is directly below this posters stateroom. I have read deck 10 and 11 are better but we already have 9 booked and it is only myslf, dh and ds.

Thank you so much for your help and allowing me to intrude...

Patty

I have booked the Jade for 2010 Europe and thanks to this thread I knew which cabin to grab, so thank you!

Is the JADE sister ship to the Pearl or to the Jewel? Someone here said 10165 on the Jewel is same as 10168 Pearl. I want to be sure I got the right thing when I took 10168 Jade.

Thanks!

Linda

Hey we were your next door neighbors if it was this past Christmas (12/21/08) - We were in 10668:p Great balcony!!

For those of you who cruise on The Pearl can you tell me how large the aft-balcony deck 9 is. Also is it covered and what type of furniture can I expect? It is directly below this posters stateroom. I have read deck 10 and 11 are better but we already have 9 booked and it is only myslf, dh and ds.

Patty

The aft/stern ABs (non-suite balcony rooms) on deck 9 have balconys the same size as those on the sides of the ship. Deck 11 has no ABs.

Patty

I have sailed in a deck 9 aft BA on the Pearl and the balcony is about the same size as the ones on the side. Maybe a bit larger but cannot be compared to the deck 10 balconies. The view is just as nice thought!! Enjoy....

Hey we were your next door neighbors if it was this past Christmas (12/21/08) - We were in 10668:p Great balcony!!

Yes, we were on the same cruise and next door to you. It was surprisingly quiet at the AFT. The balcony was amazing. Loved the glass panels so you could see all the way out even from inside the cabin. It was worth booking early and paying full price to get the balcony we wanted. BTW, your dog is adorable!

Yes, we were on the same cruise and next door to you. It was surprisingly quiet at the AFT. The balcony was amazing. Loved the glass panels so you could see all the way out even from inside the cabin. It was worth booking early and paying full price to get the balcony we wanted. BTW, your dog is adorable!

Thanks- That is Molly- not me-I have to say that is way too funny. We never even saw you guys!! One reason we like aft is no foot travel. I don't think we saw anyone from any of those rooms the entire 5 days. We booked the Pearl for Thanksgiving 2009 a few months ago and both these cabins were already gone. The one thing and I am not sure if the side BA cabins are the same, my DH is 6 foot and had ZERO leg room in the bathroom (on the john that is)

PS Sorry about the Dolphins!!

• 9 months later...

Molly, is cabin 10668's balcony larger than the balcony on 10168 on the Jewel? The cruise we are considering has both of these rooms available and from the posts here I want to try an "aft/stern/fantail" balcony for our first balcony cruise. We never cruised on NCL and we only cruised once before on the Carnival in an inside cabin. I would greatly appreciate any information you can give us in regard to the room and the ship. Thank you.

Molly, is cabin 10668's balcony larger than the balcony on 10168 on the Jewel? The cruise we are considering has both of these rooms available and from the posts here I want to try an "aft/stern/fantail" balcony for our first balcony cruise. We never cruised on NCL and we only cruised once before on the Carnival in an inside cabin. I would greatly appreciate any information you can give us in regard to the room and the ship. Thank you.

We are booked in 10168 on the GEM..I believe its identical in size to 10668 next door

I'm booked on the Pearl with a connector 10562 & 10564 they are BA cabins I can ask for loungers? That would be so cool!:D

I just checked the deck plan for your cabins. You have a regular BA cabin on the side of the ship. There will be nowhere on your balcony to put a lounger. The 2 chairs and tiny table will be taking up all of the space. It may just about be possible to remove the chairs and table and have 1 lounger sideways but even that may not be possible. There certainly would not be any space to stand if a lounger was there.

The cabins being talked about here are 10168 which I had in Alaska last summer and 10668 which I have in the Caribbean in February next year. These two cabins have extra large balconies due to their location on the stern of the ship and are in huge demand because of that.

They are very, very special cabins because of that and are the only 2 BA cabins that have the oversize balconies. Demand for these cabins is high and they are often booked as soon as the itinerary is published. I had to put off my 50th birthday cruise by one week to secure the cabin I wanted and I was lucky it was only one week as they were both booked pretty solid throughout the February/March period.

I'm booked on the Pearl with a connector 10562 & 10564 they are BA cabins I can ask for loungers? That would be so cool!:D

You can ask for the moon, if you'd like, but I don't know where you're going to put loungers on the 10562 and 10564 balconies;). 10168 and 10668 are on the stern of deck 10 where the balconies are about 50% deeper than everywhere else and loungers will fit.

I just checked the deck plan for your cabins. You have a regular BA cabin on the side of the ship. There will be nowhere on your balcony to put a lounger. The 2 chairs and tiny table will be taking up all of the space. It may just about be possible to remove the chairs and table and have 1 lounger sideways but even that may not be possible. There certainly would not be any space to stand if a lounger was there.

The cabins being talked about here are 10168 which I had in Alaska last summer and 10668 which I have in the Caribbean in February next year. These two cabins have extra large balconies due to their location on the stern of the ship and are in huge demand because of that.

They are very, very special cabins because of that and are the only 2 BA cabins that have the oversize balconies. Demand for these cabins is high and they are often booked as soon as the itinerary is published. I had to put off my 50th birthday cruise by one week to secure the cabin I wanted and I was lucky it was only one week as they were both booked pretty solid throughout the February/March period.

Thanks for the information I'm just a little confused but catching on quickly! I'll just stick with my little ol' chairs and just deal. My friends just decided to book as well and they're up in the nosebleed country of courtyard villa. I'm pretty sure I'll be invited up to visit! :rolleyes: LOL

You can ask for the moon, if you'd like, but I don't know where you're going to put loungers on the 10562 and 10564 balconies;). 10168 and 10668 are on the stern of deck 10 where the balconies are about 50% deeper than everywhere else and loungers will fit.

I'm good for asking for moons and stars but sometimes you have to just be happy with the sun and no rain!:)

Archived