Norwegian Pearl on Travel Channel

Coco421

You didn't miss anything, really. Not much about the ship -- lots about the host, Miss Hawaii, and shoreside stuff. What we did see about the ship was the VIP treatment that the host received....most of us will never experience that.

I do need to say one very positive thing about the show, never have seen an NCL ship always sailed RCL after viewing the program even with the host being very bad, it did give us a good insight on the Pearl, we like what we saw and booked it this week for Nov 09.

I too watched the first time it aired and have to agree with the other posters....the show really didn't cover much about the ship itself but more on Alaska which is where it sailed to. If you are interested in a cruise to Alaska then by all means it might be of some interest to you. It mainly covered the ports and what can be done in those ports. I was very disappointed they didn't highlight more of the ship. I think NCL missed a marketing opportunity.

However last night Discovery channel covered one of the Disney ships and I was very impressed. That show was all about the ship and I have to tell you I would have never thought that Disney might be a great cruise for adults. Who would of thunk?......

I agree with dfishner. I thought it did a pretty good job of showing off an NCL ship. I mean...it wasn't supposed to be an NCL ad.

The hostess was kind of cloying, but it could have been worse, for example: the overly-cutesy Samantha Brown or the ding-a-ling guy who does Globe Trekker on PBS.

I personally thought it was a happy mix of both the ship and the Alaska itinerary. Even though it's not the itinerary we selected, we found the show well done. Probably what most of us here on Cruise Critic would like is someone to do shows on the cruiseline and spotlighting the ships in their fleets. We are booked on the Pearl for December and my husband the traveler who likes the surprise element when he arrives on board and isn't really searching for pictures of the room or even phased by them is a lot more excited about our cruise now since viewing the show! :D

Jan 10th 2 p.m. EST

Jan 16th 10 a.m. EST

Feb 12th 10 p.m. EST

I missed it when it aired in December so I'm glad it'll be on again real soon :)

Thank you Coco421! I missed the original air date because we were on a cruise and I have been searching to find out when they would air the show again.

I do need to say one very positive thing about the show, never have seen an NCL ship always sailed RCL after viewing the program even with the host being very bad, it did give us a good insight on the Pearl, we like what we saw and booked it this week for Nov 09.

Dale, you will like NCL. Their ships are not as nice as the newer RCI ships but overall we enjoyed the Dawn a few years back. We are going on NCL this year to Alaska.

As far as the show on the Travel Channel. I have two words. Samantha Brown!!!!!!! :)

Dale, you will like NCL. Their ships are not as nice as the newer RCI ships but overall we enjoyed the Dawn a few years back. We are going on NCL this year to Alaska.

As far as the show on the Travel Channel. I have two words. Samantha Brown!!!!!!! :)

Thanks Gordon, coming from you that does mean quite a bit since I do value your opinions. We have cruised RCL quite a bit since 2006 and am just looking for something different. We were just on Freedom of the Seas and it was awesome experience. Freestyle will be totally different for us but we have observed our behavior on RCL and we tend to do at least three nights in the Specialty restaurants and on our last cruise we tried My Time Dining and really enjoyed not having a set time for dinner. So I guess we are closeted Freestylers and never realized it.

That host was terrible but we did enjoy seeing the Pearl might have to watch the show again since we just booked it. I will just turn the volume off:-)

and you are about right there. It was nice seeing a different company. I think I have seen Disney as well, but normally the ships are RCI. Other than that we thought the program sucked.....

Nita

I am glad you all feel this way about the show. I had taken an ambien when I watched it and thought it was just me... :p;):D

...but did you find empty ice cream bowls in the sink the following morning?

"I didn't remember eating ice cream."

This is from a website...looks like you would get somewhat of an idea of the boat?

========================

While on board, she explores the ship’s amenities, including bowling in Bliss Ultra Lounge; dining in several of the ship’s specialty restaurants; dancing in the Spinnaker Lounge at Nil’s White Hot Party; rock climbing; relaxing in a whirlpools while sailing through Glacier Bay; taking in a show at the Stardust Theater; and getting a hot stone massage at the spa.

I am watching it now. She is cute but yeah, should not be a travel guide. She needs to extend her vocabulary a bit first.

So does NCL give a glass of Champagne as you board every ship or just The Pearl? What about the food sample thing they showed also as you board or maybe in a specific area?

Thanks.

I too watched the first time it aired and have to agree with the other posters....the show really didn't cover much about the ship itself but more on Alaska which is where it sailed to. If you are interested in a cruise to Alaska then by all means it might be of some interest to you. It mainly covered the ports and what can be done in those ports. I was very disappointed they didn't highlight more of the ship. I think NCL missed a marketing opportunity.

However last night Discovery channel covered one of the Disney ships and I was very impressed. That show was all about the ship and I have to tell you I would have never thought that Disney might be a great cruise for adults. Who would of thunk?......

I just want to say I have been on a Disney cruise and it was awesome!! It's not just for kids. So much for adults to do it's unreal. An excellent cruise for adults as well as children.

I am watching it now. She is cute but yeah, should not be a travel guide. She needs to extend her vocabulary a bit first.

So does NCL give a glass of Champagne as you board every ship or just The Pearl? What about the food sample thing they showed also as you board or maybe in a specific area?

Thanks.

The only time I ever seen the food samples was when I boarded the NCL Sky.

Archived