John Wayne airport to San Pedro?

39august

Is it feasible to fly into SNA and then get to San Pedro? I have no idea where the airport is. Is there a shuttle or would we have to take a cab...which would probably be very high? But the airfares are SO much less than flying into LAX. Can't use Long Beach as we did several years ago. Air fare is prohibitive.

Sure. You would probably do best to take a paid shuttle service such as SuperShuttle from John Wayne to the cruise ship port. Be sure they know you are going to San Pedro (World Cruise Center) and not to Long Beach. You can book ahead on-line if you want, and even pre-pay the tip. It is a little further away than LAX by about 8-10 miles, but it is freeway nearly the whole way. Just keep in mind that traffic on the 405 freeway can be pretty heavy during rush hour. What time are you flying in, and is the day before or the day of your cruise?

Yes, we flew into Orange County last year because it was so much cheaper than LAX. We had rented a car when we got there to do some sightseeing for the 2 days we were there before our cruise. We used Super Shuttle for the return trip to the airport after the cruise. It didn't take much longer than it took our friends to get to LAX. We did pre-book the Super Shuttle on line, but I think you might be able to just go out and get a ride. Although, I don't think the drivers like going there if they don't have to, our driver said it does take a little longer, and there aren't many people wanting a return ride back to the port, where as at LAX, they probably have quite a few going to the port. So, I would pre-book to be on the safe side.

Great! Thanks so much for the info. I didn't realize Supershuttle served John Wayne airport. We always go in the day before the cruise, and I can arrange a flight that arrives around 2 PM and it would be on a Saturday so we shoudn't have a rush hour problem. I will definitely get shuttle reservations on line.

The other big and popular shuttle at SNA is Karmel. I've used them from my house to LAX and have been happy with them.

SNA is almost as easy as Long Beach. Gate to baggage claim is 5 minutes max, and the shuttles are right outside. Coming back to the airport it's a few hundred feet from curbside to check-in. They have curbside checkin as well as self-service kiosks. Security is typically 5-10 minutes although a neighbor almost missed her flight because two machines were broken at rush hour.

Archived