Why No Carnival Line Ships in OZ

MMJK

Quick question if anybody would know the answer,Carnival Corp basically have a monopoly on the Aus NZ market why have they not moved any Carnival line ships here for the Aus NZ market?

Quick question if anybody would know the answer,Carnival Corp basically have a monopoly on the Aus NZ market why have they not moved any Carnival line ships here for the Aus NZ market?

They did. They brought the Jubilee here and renamed her the Pacific Sun.:D I know that is probably not what you meant.

The only thing that occurs to me is that most of the Carnival ships are very large - too large to dock at some of the Pacific destinations and even Australian ports. Also it would be harder to fill these larger ships, and to be economic, the cruiseships have to sail full or close to full.:):)

Evon.

Give them time who knows what will happen over the next year or so.

But we do get Pacific Jewel end on this year. Also RCL look to keep Rhapsody of the Seas down in Australia permanently.

So fingers crossed we will start to see some fantastic deals coming our way.

Cheers

Robyn

the jewel is the sister ship to the pacific dawn,

we do need a new cruise terminal in brisbane, east of the gate way bridge so we can take all cruise ships

Hopefully will get more variety, have been having a look at there newer ships Carnival Line that is looks like a lot of fun, Maybe with the US economy crappers might spread things ourway since we aren't doing to badly economy wise or maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Here in Syd they need to do something with Garden Island to allow more ships its getting out of Hand, I live very close to white bay in the city would be perfect just they cant get them under the bridge.

Hopefully will get more variety, have been having a look at there newer ships Carnival Line that is looks like a lot of fun, Maybe with the US economy crappers might spread things ourway since we aren't doing to badly economy wise or maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Here in Syd they need to do something with Garden Island to allow more ships its getting out of Hand, I live very close to white bay in the city would be perfect just they cant get them under the bridge.

you r right there the goverments need to do something now to get these ships to come to oz and nz here in bris we have a bridge in the way, and big liners have to dock at the grain wharf not a good look

We are huge fans of Carnival and would love to have them out here, they are so much fun!!!!! Fingers crossed that one day that we will have regular Carnival Ships based out here!!!

It's be great if they could send out one of their Fantasy Class Ships...they are only 70,000 Tonn & might even fit under the bridge . The Paradise was only built in 1999 so she would be quite young for a ship cruising Australia year round with a beautiful atrium & she still has her waterslide!!! (Carnival are also getting rid of Holiday - I think she is Pacific Sun's/Jubilee's sister ship but she has a lot of plumbing problems amongst other problems so I assume she'll move to the the Med :D)

It's be great if they could send out one of their Fantasy Class Ships...they are only 70,000 Tonn & might even fit under the bridge . The Paradise was only built in 1999 so she would be quite young for a ship cruising Australia year round with a beautiful atrium & she still has her waterslide!!! (Carnival are also getting rid of Holiday - I think she is Pacific Sun's/Jubilee's sister ship but she has a lot of plumbing problems amongst other problems so I assume she'll move to the the Med :D)

waterslide now that would be fun dont you think so yes more ships of that size would be great

you r right there the goverments need to do something now to get these ships to come to oz and nz here in bris we have a bridge in the way, and big liners have to dock at the grain wharf not a good look

it is not only up to the goverment to pay for and build new cruise terminals the cruising companies should also have to pay for some of it and also be able to guarantee a certin amount of ships will use it each year. the dawn princess can berth at dockside and that is a reasonable size ship

it is not only up to the goverment to pay for and build new cruise terminals the cruising companies should also have to pay for some of it and also be able to guarantee a certin amount of ships will use it each year. the dawn princess can berth at dockside and that is a reasonable size ship

i agree if the goverment want the $ into qld then they have to have a world class port for the ships not a grain termenal, they are building bigger and bigger cruise ships to make them more profitable.

Dare I say it on here? I have been on Carnival Spirit, Hawaii/Alaska - 21 days in 2005. Spirit class are great ships, plenty of deck space and public rooms, great theatre for shows too. Who knows Carnival Spirit may come here soon, must be getting a bit old now for the US market.:mad: But as has been said may be a little large for our ports.

I reckon the Spirit class (Carnival Spirit etc) ships have a better layout then Sun class ships (Sun Princess/Dawn Princess etc.:)

Archived