Carnival No Longer Offering Transfers

Hogladyrider

Does anyone know why Carnival is not offering Seattle/Vancouver transfers for 2009 cruise season?

My PVP wasn't even aware of it! I found out on the boards!

My PVP checked with supervisors who also did not know anything.

I have purchased and paid Carnival for roundtrip transfers between Seattle and Vancouver for my May cruise.

Luckily I have a few months to make alternative arrangements if necessary but since I booked my air on my own and it is non refundable I need to stay on top of all this.

Thank heavens for the CC Boards!

Guest nhrich

I just looked on Carnival's site for agents, and it says that transfers from SEA will not be offered for the 2009 season.

We heard rumors of this last year when we went back to Alaska...

But we found there were cheaper ways to make your transfer on

your own. Plus giving you more control of your time, etc.

Would you mind sharing with us who are traveling in 2009 the transfer options?

I have found quickcoach.com.

I will be cruising with my mom who is 80 so the goal is a transfer that is pretty seamless.

We both have red eyes out of Seattle when we return.

Thanks.

Would you mind sharing with us who are traveling in 2009 the transfer options?

I have found quickcoach.com.

I will be cruising with my mom who is 80 so the goal is a transfer that is pretty seamless.

We both have red eyes out of Seattle when we return.

Thanks.

Amtrak is also an option. Lots of great info on the Alaskan POC board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=55

I did a search on the Alaska POC board BEFORE I posted on the Carnival board without much success.

The problem I find with the POC boards is that they encompass ALL cruise lines and my situation is Carnival specific; hence I posted here.

My PVP has phoned me today, here is the update.

Carnival realizes that there are many who have already booked and paid for the transfer service for early season cruises and Carnival is trying to work on the transportation to accommodate those of us.

I have already printed out my e-documents and the bus was thru Gray Line so it sounds to me like the contract between the two has been canceled.

I explored the Amtrak option BEFORE I booked the Carnival Transfer and opted not to take that transportation. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know why Carnival is not offering Seattle/Vancouver transfers for 2009 cruise season?

My PVP wasn't even aware of it! I found out on the boards!

My PVP checked with supervisors who also did not know anything.

I have purchased and paid Carnival for roundtrip transfers between Seattle and Vancouver for my May cruise.

Luckily I have a few months to make alternative arrangements if necessary but since I booked my air on my own and it is non refundable I need to stay on top of all this.

Thank heavens for the CC Boards!

I would nto hit the panic button just yet. carnival redoes all of the shore excursions on a yearly basis. The transfers fit into that category. My guess is that they are reworking the contracts (since the ships don't get up there for another 5 months or so) and you will have plenty of time to arrange your transfer.

Archived