rained out this coming week (01/03/09)?

peabody99

just looked at the 10 day forecast for our S. Caribbean Noordam...and it is not pretty- 2 nice days out of 10. The other days are full on showers or scattered showers. I have never had bad weather in the Caribbean this time of year. Lets hope things improve. We got rained out for a whole week in Hawaii once and it is not fun. We are avid snorkelers that do not care for shopping so this could a real bummer.

I would trade your warm rain for our freezing rain any day:eek: That was just my first thought----I know rain is a bummer on a vacation. I do hope that you have nicer weather than that which is forecast. But-----if you don't, just be happy it isn't snow!!!!;)

I would gladly trade places with you. I am on holiday in northern British Columbia and the forecasts are for snow, snow, and more snow with temperatures in the negative this or the negative that plus wind chill factors. Still having a great time though.

Point being I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. Go snorkling if that is what you enjoy...you will already be wet so a little rain won't hurt!!

On my two week Alaskan cruise this past May we checked the weather forecasts for the trip before leaving and it called for nasty weather the whole time. We did have some poor days but we had some beautiful ones too. Mother nature is going through menopause...or is that global warming? Weather is so umpredictable....go and have fun and don't worry about the weather! I am confident you will have a great time.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Rochelle

thanks for all the positive words! Although for the record, visibility is poor when you dive in rain. Plus the lightening :eek:.

Maybe finding a beachside creole or seafood shack with a thatched roof and killer cocktail will help ease the pain. but only a little :rolleyes:

I have to believe it will improve, after all it is the so called "dry" season.

Archived