FLL advice - HIExp Conv Ctr or Hyatt Place?

odiesam

Family of 3 saying 1 night pre-cruise in FLL - spring break 4/3 - I have narrowed it to the Holiday In Express Convention Ctr or the Hyatt Place. My 16 yo son and I will be arriving on flights at 6:45 pm so need a shuttle and places to walk to for dinner. DH's flight arrives 12:20 am (he has to work - our flights were cheaper) so he will just need a shuttle from the airport. Hyatt Place airport shuttle ends at 12 pm - HIn Exp shuttle is 24 hours. HInn Exp is $160 a night and doesn't seem available on Hotwire or Priceline while Hyatt Place seems available in the $70-$100 range on Priceline. We will most likely just cab it to the port on Saturday. Any strong feelings on either of these properties? My gut says to go for the Hyatt Place if I can get a good price on Priceline even if dh has to cab it from the airport. Sounds like HInn Exp is closer to restaurants but we only need to find one for dinner and there sounds like there are a few near the Hyatt Place. $160 seems like a lot for a precruise hotel.

Thanks .

6 of 1 half dozen of the other..the HP is very close to stuff too....you'll be able to walk places.............and it's renovation was just done aorund a year ago or a little less....

the green arrow is the HP (pretty close..it's a little off but only 1/2 block.. and the A,B,C is a shopping center with food, a Publix grocery and total wine....and if you keep panning you can see the port with some ships!

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=1851+Se+10th+Avenue,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316+(Hyatt+Place+Fort+Lauderdale+Airport-+North)&geocode=CaAV9HTzbCyYFXI7jgEdxEU5-yEnDzZ_3PWxRg&q=publix+cordova&f=l&dq=hyatt+place+ft+lauderdale+airport+north&sll=26.097787,-80.132665&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&ll=26.099338,-80.132518&spn=0.015686,0.038452&t=h&z=15

Archived