Pride of America-taking soda pop on board

pcjones

Hello. Has anyone have any trouble taking Pepsi or Coke on board, with carry-on or luggage. NCL told me that you cannot do this, but I read a review for the Pride of America, and someone said it was no problem. I believe that a bottle or 2 would probably be ok, as with water. Any comments about this would be appreciated, especially from people that have sailed on the POA. For the people that think this is not ok, I do not like the pop that comes out of the soda dispensers. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

pcjones, when we were on POA in September, we did the Molikini Snorkel excursion thru NCL on Monday in Maui. At the end of the excursion, they take you to the Pacific Whale Foundation store. In that same shopping area, we bought a 6-pack (cans) of Pepsi to have in the cabin. The POA only stocks Coke products in the mini-fridges and we prefer Pepsi. We carried it back onboard with no problems.

taking soda pop on board

The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy

from

http://popvssoda.com:2998/

# pop: dominates the Northwest, Great Plains and Midwest. The world ‘pop’ was introduced by Robert Southey, the British Poet Laureate (1774-1843), to whom we also owe the word ‘autobiography’, among others. In 1812, he wrote: A new manufactory of a nectar, between soda-water and ginger-beer, and called pop, because ‘pop goes the cork’ when it is drawn. Even though it was introduced by a Poet Laureate, the term ‘pop’ is considered unsophisticated by some, because it is onomatopaeic.

from

http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/2008/08/18/308-the-pop-vs-soda-map/

Hello. Has anyone have any trouble taking Pepsi or Coke on board, with carry-on or luggage. NCL told me that you cannot do this, but I read a review for the Pride of America, and someone said it was no problem. I believe that a bottle or 2 would probably be ok, as with water. Any comments about this would be appreciated, especially from people that have sailed on the POA. For the people that think this is not ok, I do not like the pop that comes out of the soda dispensers. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

no problem what so ever, NCL will almost always say, No, but I have yet to see anyone get busted for soda or water...

Nita

It is interesting how different areas refer to "those drinks" in a different way. I was raised in the midwest where they were called pop and 35 years ago moved to Texas where it is called soda. Now when I go to visit relatives it always sounds so odd when someone asks me if I would like a pop.:D

For whatever reason, when anybody calls NCL customer service, their official response is to say "No soda or bottled water allowed" but, over the years, the overwhelming firsthand experience by virtually everyone who has reported back on CC is that there is no problem taking either onboard.

I say "virtually" because there was one poster a couple years ago who claimed that her bottled water was confiscated (I believe that was the story). Actually, I don't think it was her water. There was a debate on that thread concerning credibility and secondhand reports.

Bottom line: it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. Just don't call NCL for official permission.

Archived