Captains Club Elite on AZ - Benefits?

First in Class

We're new to Azamara. What are the Elite benefits?

From other posts, they appear to be inconsistent. We can't tell if that was just during Azamara's initial growing pains when the line was first launched.

Thanks for your help!

Mr & Mrs FiC

Maybe a dumb question but does that mean DH and I will have $60 internet time as that will be very useful

A

My apologies ... it's 30 minutes (not $30) each of free internet ... but yes, very useful!

Select is 20 minutes each for internet, and $7. laundry.

Recent benefits have been $30 free internet & $10 free laundry per CC member....not conditional on additional purchases.

On the recent transatlantic crossing on the Journey, the elite benefit was a $10 discount on laundry, and 30 minutes of free internet time. The "free" internet time required a purchase of an internet package, and I believe the cheapest package ran somewhere around $30 or $40. Since our Internet needs were very limited, it was cheaper to just use a few minutes as needed, so the coupon was worthless to us. Of course, if you're already planning on buying an Internet package, 30 minutes additional is a good deal.

I was a little disappointed that the laundry benefit was now just a discount off their regular prices. Last year, the benefit had been a full bag of laundry for $10 or $15, which was a considerably better deal than $10 off, since a bag could easily add up to $40 or more at regular pricing. As a result, we ended up using the self-serve laundry, with a total decrease in revenue received by Azamara for laundry.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks posting current info ... my info from October is outdated already! Too bad that they made these changes .... the previous coupons for internet and laundry with no strings attached were worthwhile.

Thanks for all of your feedback!

Would you say there's a good chance for dinner at captain's table?

And is there also a tea?

Which reminds me of a tea tangent...it always strikes me as odd that Celebrity serves Bigelow brand at a formal tea when Cova has better tea available.

Archived