Parasailing and Jet Ski possible?

kasi1979

Hi,

we´ll be in Key West on a Monday in March (2nd March) from 8 am to 5 pm.

As I always dreamt of going parasailing and prices being really good as far as I´ve seen by now, that´s what we want to do.

My BF dreams of going out on a jet-ski (or whatever it is they call these things) is it possible to do both in one day?

Any recommendations?

Also a short stop at the Hard Rock Cafe is planned to buy the obligatory pin...

Any tipps really appreciated as we´ve never been to the keys.

Hydro Thunder runs a neat jet ski tour around the island. They are located at the end of Duval in front of the Ocean Key and within a 5 minute walk of the docks. The route is buried on the web page

http://hydrothunderofkeywest.com/

...but I don't know what the times are. The Fury (Ultimate Adventure) and Sebago (Power Adventure) include both of these activities but within and all-day trip that would not get back until 4:00 - 4:30 depending on the time of year.

I would check with Hydro Thunder for their times, then try for a single para-sail with the Fury for the afternoon.

Pjk

• 3 weeks later...
Should we pre-book the jet-ski excursion or the parasailing trip?

Any help appreciated.

"Should I pre-book something?" comes up a lot, and there is no real answer to it except how badly do you want to do the activity.

How full something is can depend on the time of year, high season vs. low season, the weather, nice day vs. iffy day, and even if there is a group of people who want to do it vs several singles and couples. Many of the trips have a maximum number of people they will take *and* a minumum number, so they may turn away walk-ups if they are filled, and they might not schedule a trip if, by the day before, no one has booked. I've seen both of these things happen.

If you are only going to be in Key West for one day, I'd say contact the jet-ski people and explain that you are coming from a cruise ship and that you want to do their trip. They may schedule one just for you or guarentee you a place on that day's trip. Then you should pre-book, and ask for any pre-booking discounts.

Then do the same thing for the parasail, also explaining that you will be on a jet ski tour earlier that day, just so that they know you are on a tighter schedule than someone spending a week in Key West.

And finally, if you book the jet ski, ask the person if they can recommend a parasail trip and if there would be a discount if that company were used.

Pjk

Hi We were just in Key West last week and used Fury watersports, they were awesome. It is right at the end of the pier to the left. We did not book ahead, just went in and were able to parasail within the hour. Price was good- $40 a person. did not do waverunners, but am pretty sure they had them.

Archived