Chef's Table Sign-up

Av8tor

On a side note, I'm hoping to try this for the first time on my upcoming cruise, and I'm curious to know how thoroughly the trio of meats items is cooked? I don't think I'd want to do this if my beef can't be at least medium/medium well.

Angela

We didn't have a trio of meats for our Chef's Table. We had a surf and turf instead. The steak was probably cooked about medium if I recall.

Here's our menu - 12/17/08

Shrimp Margarita with Lime and Mango

Foie Gras on a Toasted Brioche

Tuna Carpaccio on a Toast with Lime and Celery

Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar

Mini Pizzette with Goat Cheese a La mode Du Chef

Tender Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms and Crab Meat

Lemon Sorbet with Mango Slaw

Double Impact Surf and Turf (Lobster Tail, Scallops Brochette, Beef Filet Original, Lamb Chops)

Mustard Hollandaise, Rosemary Jus, Lemon Butter Fondue

Roasted Chateau Potatoes, Warm Artichoke Salad

Baked Camembert with Pine Nuts, Bitter Marmalade, Walnut Bread

Soft-Center Chocolate Fallen Cake, Whiskey-Soaked Raisin-Chocolate Ice Cream

Homemade Amaretti

It was incredible! The foie gras was topped with a truffle and was amazing. There was also an appetizer that was a mozzarella ball with a fantastic marinara sauce. Oh and a bellini as well.

On a side note, I'm hoping to try this for the first time on my upcoming cruise, and I'm curious to know how thoroughly the trio of meats items is cooked? I don't think I'd want to do this if my beef can't be at least medium/medium well.

Angela

They were quite well-cooked (we had beef, venison, and pork). I'm thinking they were all medium-well. I abhor underdone meat; more than the slightest bit of pink grosses me out (especially in other meats than beef) and I certainly would have noticed if they had been any more than ever-so-slightly pink. Of course it's possible that I was so liquored-up from the free-flowing champers in the galley and wine at the table that I wouldn't have noticed if the medallions had still been mooing, oinking, or making whatever noise venison makes when it's on the hoof. . .!

On the Ruby Dec 06 we had:

4 apps in the galley along with some Mumm's Champagne. 1) Tuna tartar with wasabi, 2) foie gras terrine on toasted brioche, 3) fontina cheese quiche with white truffle, 4) new potatoes with sour cream and caviar.

In the dining room we had: Risotto laced with parmesan cheese, red radicchio and langoustine ragout, lemon sorbet with mango slaw and laced with grey goose vodka, roast veal shank and veal tenderloin, market vegetables, chateau potatoes, baked camembert with pine nuts, port wine reduction and walnut bread, passion fruit dream cake, whiskey soaked raspberry soft centre, mango glaze.

Hey Janet - nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you. We are getting ready, but sooooo much to do to be away for 3 1/2 months. We leave in one week....say "Hi" to Paul...hope to meet up with you again on a cruise one day..

Dolores

I would love it but unfortunately my finicky just meat & potatoes husband would hate it so I guess I won't be experiencing it....darn.

Don't let that stop you. I am also a "finicky just meat & potatoes husband" and there was enough that I wanted to eat that I greatly enjoyed the experience and did not leave hungry.

Archived