Taxi Tours?

mar872

We will be visiting Barbados at the end of the Month (Jan. 09), and I have read about taking a taxi tour. Does one reserve a taxi tour or do you wait until I am in port? Also, what are the fee ranges?

Basically we are looking to visit Harrison Caves (Thursday, so it is open, woohooo) and the wildlife reserve, and then maybe some nice drive either to the beach or the highlands. I am so confused about this port as most ports of calls have alot of tour operators that one can book ahead.

Thanks for any and all your help! :D

I've done water activities while in Barbados but I do remember there are lots and lots of taxis at the pier. You could always decide what you would like to see and then negotiate.

You can also try google or trip advisor for private taxi tour companies in Barbados.

And one other recommendation is go to your roll call and introduce yourself. Folks on the roll call may have ideas for you, too.

Good Luck!

Hiring a cab at the pier is tough, they are dispatched by the dispatcher :rolleyes: You have to at least walk out of the gate and try to negotiate with the cabbies out there. What we did our last time in Barbados was to take the cab into town- $3pp I think, as soon as we got out of the van we found a driver who we negotiated a day tour for the 2 of us from $150 down to $125. We toured the island spent an hour on the beach and made a stop for lunch, about 5-6 hrs total

Hiring a cab at the pier is tough

they are dispatched by the dispatcher :rolleyes: ===> These are the sharks I've often referred to :)

You have to at least walk out of the gate

and try to negotiate with the cabbies out there. ===> The guys outside the Port's gatehouse are a bit more human

What we did our last time in Barbados was to take the cab into town- $3pp I think,

as soon as we got out of the van we found a driver who we negotiated a day tour for the 2 of us from $150 down to $125.

We toured the island spent an hour on the beach and made a stop for lunch, about 5-6 hrs total

Listen to the man. This is sound advice.

If you don't get a half-human driver outside the gate, (you might..)

do the Bridgetown shopping thing

(you might walk it? -about a mile)

and engage a taxi driver in Bridgetown,along Broad St. the main shopping drag.

Makes sense.

Thanks for your advice, would it be easier to get a taxi that will go straight to Harrison Caves and then one to the wildlife reserve and then back to Bridgetown? How easy is it to call a taxi at the major tourist "traps" in Barbados?

I am so excited about visiting Barbados and can't wait to see what the island has to offer.

Thanks for all your help again. :-):D

Hi,

You go to the taxi terminal and there will be lots of taxi operators there. We had Slyvestor and he gave us an excellant island tour for 25.00 pp. It was great and he was easy to understand, I think he will take you where ever you want to go. He owns his own company so just ask for Slyvestor.

Archived