Beginner snorkling

niborHS

I am going to be in Cozumel with 3 girlfriends on January 24th. We are all more or less beginner snorklers, and would like to snorkel for a bit, but not for hours, so would like to combine a nice place to snorkel with out things to do. I have been to Coz a number of times with my family, and we never to a ship's tour, always take a cab or rent a car on our own. Had been to Chankanaab years ago, and still remember the rocky entry to the beach. Have been to Playa Mia, formerly Playa Sol, a number of times, which was a good place for our kids when they were teens, but not sure it's a great place for 4 50 something women.

Glad you posted this... we've been looking for something similar. We've never snorkeled, but want to find some place where we can do a little snorkeling and then have other options once we're finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read thru other posts that say Paradise Beach and Chankanaab have good snorkling plus other things to do. I'm also researching for a good snorkling place that has a some beach stuff for us to do if we get tired there. If someone's experienced one or both which do you prefer? And are their others anyone can think of?

We'll also be going to Grand Cayman, but want to do the Honey Suckle horse ride. So dunno if we'd have time to do snorkling there or not, with wanting to still explore afterwards.

Thanks for any tips ya'll can give us on these excursions :) My goal during our stops is to do the ride, parasail, and snorkle. So any ideas on the best places to do those would be nice. Well we kinda figured the ride out already, since we wanted an advanced tour on that. But Parasail and Snorkling anyone?

Archived