Alaska 2010

Coco421

I know, I know it's a long way off but it's our first trip there and the only request my son has is that we go whale watching. We're planning on month of July and just wanted to get your opinions on best way to do this. I have read Juneau is best but is booking with cruise line best?

juneau is a wonderful place to see whales. there are many tour co's or the ship tour to see them. i have gone with capt larry 3 times and have never been dissapointed. harv and marv are also mentioned alot here on the board too. do a search here on the alaska thread for whale watching and you will get some good tips on what others have done. have a great time.

i am doing research already for a family alaska cruise in 2010 so you are not alone it starting this early. i dont think it is ever too early to start checking prices and researching tours.

the rates are out now. i am used to paying the cheaper fares because i normally go in the shoulder months --may or sept . i will be sharing a cabin in 2010 so it wont be as expensive for me than my normal solo cruises.

Archived