In-cabins on Journey

DanielBu

Hello,

does somebody know the in-cabins on Azamara Journey and can give any advice concerning them?

I heard a lot of the bathrooms being too small. Are there any photos of them? Do you agree?

Thank you for any advice given.

Frank

Berlin / Germany

Hello,

does somebody know the in-cabins on Azamara Journey and can give any advice concerning them?

I heard a lot of the bathrooms being too small. Are there any photos of them? Do you agree?

Frank

Berlin / Germany

All cat 1a and 2a cabins are identical, the only difference is location, but the ship is so easy to get around it does not matter much to us other than we prefer a cabin towards the rear rather than front of the ship.

The bathrooms are well equiped and fine (Iam not small) b ut only 1 at a time can get in there.

The SS are bigger and have a bathtub.

Cannot comment on Insides or Oceanview

We were recently in 7082, and liked the location. It is close to the stairs/elevator and to the laundry room! Only staterooms above and below. I would avoid the room directly across from the laundry (7076?) or the rooms directly across from the elevator!

The bathrooms and showers are small but you learn to deal with it. The main thing that bothered me was the shower curtain blowing inward, we tried all sorts of things but nothing seemed to help - that is a just a minor annoyance, afterall how much time do you spend in the shower!

Hello,

Frank

Berlin / Germany

http://picasaweb.google.com/CruiseEscapesPhotos/AzamaraJourney#

there are two photos towards the end that show the bathroom

hope that helps

I will never again (have sometimes in the past) book an inside. There is always so much to see just outside the stateroom.

We just returned from a B2B Barcelona to Miami and Miami to LA in Cabin 7103 - great location, very convenient, very quiet - recommend this area highly.

Hey, Danna.

Mary Jane

The photos are great!! thank you they are best of Journey I have seen. Did you do the Baltic June/July 08? if so what are your hints to do not to do, general weather... anything in fact as I am doing my planing and trying to develop a good coverage of all places. Our cruise starts 30th June 09. Cheers, Pat

The main thing that bothered me was the shower curtain blowing inward, we tried all sorts of things but nothing seemed to help - that is a just a minor annoyance, afterall how much time do you spend in the shower!

We also find that a real pain, but, Danna, I clipped clothes pins on the shower curtain down low and that seemed to help - some. Anyone else have any tips?

Mary Jane

To sab92000,

I'm a real "foodie"!! Which restaurant has the crab cakes and which restaurant the creme brulee? We're booked for the Journey in June to Iceland.

Sheila

Go to the sticky at the top of the threads and you can see the Prime C and Aqualina menus, plus the wine list (or click in the link in my signature to get there). Prime C had the crab cake and a coconut creme brulee. The macadamia-crusted prawns there were out of this world!

As for the original question, we had Sky Suite 8044, almost dead midships. There was some noise from above when they re-arranged the furniture on the pool deck, but the most it ever did was wake us up briefly. It was extremely convenient to the aft stairs.

We also find that a real pain, but, Danna, I clipped clothes pins on the shower curtain down low and that seemed to help - some. Anyone else have any tips?

Mary Jane

Hey Mary Jane! Tried clothes pins in various places, maybe we didn't use enough.

Danna

Hi Vivien,

You probably meant 'tips for the Baltic' (we went in 2000 and loved it!) ... but on the topic of bathrooms, one tip is to bring a toiletry organizer bag with a hook on it. Although there is a reasonable amount of storage space, we found that keeping some items in the organizer, which we hung on the towel rack, kept the bathroom a little more orderly and it was easier to find items, than had we placed everything on the shelves provided.

The clothes pins must have worked for us, because I don't remember 'wearing' the shower curtain.

Inside cabins are identical to outside cabins and veranda cabins. The layout of the furniture may be different, but the size of the room and bathroom are the same. We will be occupying one on 2 back to backs on Journey in April and May. There was a substantial price difference, much lower, than the cheapest outside. Our cruises are so port intensive we won't ever be in the cabin except to sleep.

Wonderful photos, we are sailing Quest this autumn - I had planned to shake my weight down from 180lbs to about to 160lbs. Having seen your photos of the rations I intend reaching 50lbs to allow a little room for what is clearly inevitable expansion!

Happy New Year

New Salt

Inside cabins are identical to outside cabins and veranda cabins. The layout of the furniture may be different, but the size of the room and bathroom are the same. We will be occupying one on 2 back to backs on Journey in April and May. There was a substantial price difference, much lower, than the cheapest outside. Our cruises are so port intensive we won't ever be in the cabin except to sleep.

Inside cabins ARE NOT identical to veranda cabins in square footage. They are smaller. A good description, with measurements, can be found on the Azamara website.

the showers are extremely small. my shower actually had mold in it. we told our butler to remove it which he did the next day. makes me wonder where is the quality control. otherwise the rooms are adequate.

p.s. susiesan i am not a disgruntled employee,but i am a dissatified customer just like 80% of the passengers on my voyage that i spoke to.

Oh camano, you're such a jokester! You keep me in stitches!

Someone or something must have really upset Camano, to those who have cruised and had a wonderful experience with Azamara his posts are silly in the extreme.

the showers are extremely small. my shower actually had mold in it. we told our butler to remove it which he did the next day. makes me wonder where is the quality control. otherwise the rooms are adequate.

p.s. susiesan i am not a disgruntled employee,but i am a dissatified customer just like 80% of the passengers on my voyage that i spoke to.

Here ye, here ye, be it known that camano was very unhappy with his Azamara cruise, as he has kindly posted 5+ times.

Camano - thanks for your feedback on Azamara - your objection has been noted for all so there's no need for you to keep sharing. Happy New Year!

This is real news to us as we have heard nothing but good reviews for the Journey experience. Thank you for shearing this with us.

Here ye, here ye, be it known that camano was very unhappy with his Azamara cruise, as he has kindly posted 5+ times.

And all but one have been removed by the mod for being ridiculous/out of line/troll-like. If camano was so unhappy with his cruise he would write a review with details. To say 80% of the pax on his sailing were unhappy is hardly a true statement without knowing the sates of his cruise and reading any confirmations of it here. If it was that bad someone else on CC would have commented by now.

Archived