"Must Sees"

Two from Virginia

We are booked on HAL for their July 4th cruise out of Vancouver. We will be at the following ports and would appreciate advice on "must sees" or "do's" at these ports of calls. What are the best alternatives to tours?

Tracy Arm: 8 to Noon

Juneau: 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM

Skagway: 7 AM to 9 PM

Ketchikan: 2 to 8 PM

Thanks.

i have not been to tracy arm so i cant help you out there, but in juneau it is seeing the whales and mendenhall glacier--skagway gold mining and the white pass mt is great and for ketchikan the totom poles and fjords are popular. there are so many things to do in each port it would be hard not to find something you like. and dont forget shopping. the ports make sure this a tourist attraction for visitors on your port day.

There is more to do, than what can fill 10 trips. Look over a shore excursion and narrow down your interests.

Right. It is your interests. If a Picasso art exhibit came to town I would not pay even a buck twenty to see it. Others would willingly pay $300 to -$500, and up - about the same price to take a sled dog trip on a glacier.

But my interests would be to pay my buck twenty for a post card instead in both instances.

(FYI: We have paid a lot more than that to fly to Paris to see exhibits of French Impressionism though. Again, one's own interests.)

Archived