Anyone know ? Febuary 14 Singapore

seapenarth

Captain is Gier- Arne but who else are in positions of responsibilty on the Shelfinch, Whipro, Seapenarth, cruise to end all cruises Feb 14 to Mar 8 on the SPIRIT. I know Dietmar Platz is Chief Engineer and Kerstin is Maitre`D and N. Haly is hotel manager but the rest I am not sure of ?

I certainly hope that Dietmar won't be Chief Engineer!

I will be there, probably staff captain Mangus, and the rest I don't really know.

It was my little joke waiting to be taken up. Nick Hale is of course Cruise Director, Dietmar Platzl the Hotel Manager and Marcel the Maitre`D :)

Rogier21

I don't believe I know Staff Captain Mangus ~~did he replace Kai? (now aboard the Pride) Please tell us about him. We all know Nils, the Norwegian wild boar farmer ~~(I've certainly missed seeing him as he's so much fun)

Thanks for the information ~~

Happy and healthy 2009:p

Martita B,

I just logged onto the Odyssey blog and saw that the Spirit is welcoming the Seabourn Cadets, in other words, staff in training who will be training for the Odyssey. I hope these are in addition to regular staff (in which case where would they house them?) I hope we are not subjected to learning on the job. Any thoughts?

I hope we are not subjected to learning on the job. Any thoughts?

I guess this means you have never been a hospital inpatient, or in a line at the bank where the teller has another teller over the shoulder? ;-)

I was happy to see Guillaume (William) in Geir-Arne's photos!

He and Karl have been in the Corp. Miami Office for sometime ~~

Intensive training is being held on all the Sister's ~~gettin' ready for the Big Sister ~~Karl is training "Cadets" aboard the Pride.

Martita B.

I'm sure it will be great. I've never yet been on a SB cruise where it wasn't. Well, one almost wasn't but there were strange events on that one.

Feel safe now. Got our passports and visas back today. Now only got to get to Heathrow for Singapore flight. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure I like the term "cadets" in this context. It makes it sound as if these are military vessels.

Haha, I assure you it is a term that is in the proper merchant navy not often used anymore, but you know how landlubbers LOVE to use navy terms ;) Although cadet officers are a very common thing.

Archived