Best entertainment you've seen on Princess

IUFAN

Phillippa Healey (singer/musician). Better than Sara Brightman. And I think Sara is great. Phillippa recorded the music and singing on the British Airways commercials.

Second best entertainment is shouting "Free ice cream in the buffet!" out on the Lido Deck. It's easy to find a lounger when you do that. :D

I have to agree with the choice of Phillippa Healey. One of the very few C.D.'s that I have purchased on a cruise ship, was one of hers.

Sadly, I am more than a little surprised that she appears to be unknown in North America.

john

Without a doubt, after 9 Princess Cruises, the best entertainer by far that we have seen is Duncan Tuck, who mixes comedy with exceptional guitar playing (flamenco is his specialty). He is the greatest guitar player I have ever seen. Just him and his guitar, but he has wild standing ovations every time we have seen him. He literally brings tears to my eyes each time I have heard him play....it is unbelievable that a person can play that well.

Without a doubt, after 9 Princess Cruises, the best entertainer by far that we have seen is Duncan Tuck, who mixes comedy with exceptional guitar playing (flamenco is his specialty). He is the greatest guitar player I have ever seen. Just him and his guitar, but he has wild standing ovations every time we have seen him. He literally brings tears to my eyes each time I have heard him play....it is unbelievable that a person can play that well.

We saw him too. My hubby is a guitarist (wants to get a gig on a cruiseship some day; in the meantime, he brought his guitar onboard during the last cruise and managed to jam with others) and thought it was a good show.

As for Piano Man, I seem to remember one of the musicians highlighted was Manilow, and I can't stand his music.

On one cruise, there was a comedian that was pretty boring the first half of his routine, but the second half was ROTFL funny. He had a slide show comparing "another" cruiseline to Princess.

I don't recall which ship I saw it on, it was either the original Crown or the Sun Princess in the innaugural season, but Princess had a show that was a Cirque du Soliel type show. The stunts that these acrobats did on a moving/pitching ship were unbelievable. I wish they would bring a show like that back.QUOTE]

Princess used to include this in almost every productuion show to some extent, usually when a major set/costume change was happening. I really enjoyed this on the old Crown/Regal where the stage came out into the audience and seating was all around. Like you say some of the feats they could do on a moving ship were amazing

I don't recall which ship I saw it on, it was either the original Crown or the Sun Princess in the innaugural season, but Princess had a show that was a Cirque du Soliel type show. The stunts that these acrobats did on a moving/pitching ship were unbelievable. I wish they would bring a show like that back.QUOTE]

Princess used to include this in almost every productuion show to some extent, usually when a major set/costume change was happening. I really enjoyed this on the old Crown/Regal where the stage came out into the audience and seating was all around. Like you say some of the feats they could do on a moving ship were amazing

We saw that show on the Regal many years ago.. Fantastic..

:D

I can't recall which ship we were on, I believe it was the Crown, and we sailed into the port of Puerto Rico. That evening we had the opportunity to see Juan Carlos on board. His guitar playing was fabulous, mostly Flamenco but he was so talented, he mixed a bit of everything in. He deserved and got a standing ovation.

• 2 weeks later...

When the drunk 20 something jumped off of the balcony near us into the water in Mexico. Watching him get arrested...Priceless..some girls flashed him when their boat was going by the ship. We were docked and he had some major splaining to do Lucy! They kept him in jail and his family, a large group of family reunion people left his ars there...LPT:eek:

I agree with LadyJag. Phoenix Rising was the best entertainment we have run across so far. As far as I know they don't have a web site so cannot keep track of them. Too bad. If you like oldies, they are fazamatastic:)

We just booked the Sapphire for March 7 and Phoenix Rising are on until the 21st of March, we also enjoy dancing to them very much, we chose the Sapphire sailing for that reason.

When the drunk 20 something jumped off of the balcony near us into the water in Mexico. Watching him get arrested...Priceless..some girls flashed him when their boat was going by the ship. We were docked and he had some major splaining to do Lucy! They kept him in jail and his family, a large group of family reunion people left his ars there...LPT:eek:

That was the Golden last year wasn't it? I was standing on the stern when there was a loud splash.

#1 Beatlemaniacs from the Caribbean Princess May 2008 - absolutely fabulous show that had everyone young and old dancing and singing along.

#2 The string quartet on the Emerald December 2008. Those four ladies were excellent, and luckily they played in different venues on the ship so we saw them more than once.

Just got back from the Ruby last Saturday, our 10th Princess cruise. We always go to the shows and enjoyed many that have been mentioned but the new shows on the Ruby are amazing. The singers are so well matched and the theatre allows for great sights and sounds. Don't miss them!

We just booked the Sapphire for March 7 and Phoenix Rising are on until the 21st of March, we also enjoy dancing to them very much, we chose the Sapphire sailing for that reason.

Will you do me a favor and tell Joey that Gene and JoAnn said "Hi" We sailed with them"

Phoenix Rising" on the CB and plan to cruise with them again. Hopefully this year we will be able to book a cruise on the ship that they will be on. Please ask Joey to sing "Soulman" for me. Thanks

For comedians it's got to be Sarge hands down. On our second cruise with him on the Crown, I met him and we spoke at great length. We exchanged emails and went back and forth a few times, but have since lost contact. I must try to find it. I'd love to see him again. Maybe this year on the CB. Very nice guy to boot!

This past summer, we had the pleasure of seeing Wavelength. They are a rock band that do 80's to modern type rock and hits. I am a rock musician, so to see this type of band on the ship was a great change. I would hope to see more rock bands like this on Princess ships in the future.

Then of couse, the complainers are my favorite. Last year there was a guy complaining at the Muster and I told my wife "Every time we see him, he'll be complaining!" Sure enough, we saw him complaing at the bufett, the theater. It was great!!

One girl EVERY time we saw her, she was complaining to "new friends" about how Princess does this wrong, nothing to do at this time, blah, blah blah... We walked off the ship and she was complaining to a staff member about something and getting very heated. Always funny!!

:)We have seen Fernandez on the Grand Princess out of Galvaston.

The show was hilarious and amazing especially with one of our friends on stage.

He also did a midnight adult show with a segment on the Jerry Springer show.:)

Archived