Another newby here..

emen822

Hi. I just booked my first cruise on the Mariner for March 20-27. Me, hubby and 2 daughters (ages 9 and 11) So excited. :D I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with (I'm sure some have been answered already).

I think I have the tipping down. If I choose to put it on my sea account (if that is what it is called), I will get an envelope prior to the last night which is given to the waiter saying that I put it on there? Is that correct? I have been reading so much on this site and wonder if I'm getting the cruise lines mixed up. Do they also do the same for the people who clean your rooms?

Can you have all your meals in the dining room? I know that there are other dining options (Chops/Portofino) but wondered about breakfast/lunch. I'm sure some days we will just get a quick lunch at Johnny Rockets.

Excursions...My daughter is dying to do the dolphin swim. Has anyone taken the Mariner and had enough time to do this excursion?

I think that is all for now. Thanks for your help.

emen822--You have the tip thing down pat! And yes, they give you vouchers for all services, stateroom attendent, head waiter, asst. waiter, etc. The specific names are on each of the vouchers. Also, if there are 4 people in your cabin, you will get 4 of each voucher (so each person has their own to hand out). Have fun on the Mariner!

You can have all of your meals in the dining room but many people find it easier to have breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer - which is the buffet. It has longer hours so more flexibility as to when you eat. Now that there is a fee for Johnny Rockets you may find the other locations to be a better deal and the buffet is usually faster. I hope this helps! Happy planning!

Hi, we were on the Mariner in April of 2003 and we found the breakfasts to be better in the Windjammer and less tedious. You can come and go as fast as you want and you can sit with who ever you want. You will have a great time on that ship it is magnificent. We traveled with our three children and there is something for everyone. Have a wonderful time. As for the dolphin swim when we were ther we did have enough time. We were in port early that morning and we went out as soon as the ship would allow us. I don't know what time the ship is making it's way into port but you can judge by that.

About the dining room - at dinner, you will always be at your assigned table, dining with your assigned tablemates. For breakfast and lunch, you will be seated with other people. So, both (dining room and Windjammer) have their advantages - in the dining room you get the more formal service, and get a chance to converse with new people, while in the Windjammer you have the wide choices of a buffet, plus the chance to dine with just the family (you seat yourself).

You can of course also have room service....I used to order coffee and bacon every morning in the cabin.....great way to get my sleepy teen out of bed....loved the bacon! You can of course go to the windjammer afterwards for more bacon etc....oh my mouth is watering now... :D

Sadly we have to wait till Oct 05 to go on the Mariner.

Enjoy

Liz

Archived