Atlantis Beach Day - NS60 with RC

Grannycb

We will be in Nassau Easter week. Between the reports of sand fleas at Blackbeard Cay (stingray adventure) and the cost at Comfort Inn, we need to look for a Plan C. Has anyone done the Atlantis Beach Day with RC? I understand there won't be any water slides or pools involved. Is the beach worth the money? Will there be any shade? What else is there that would interest a 5 yr. old? As always, I appreciate you help.

Instead of paying to swim elsewhere, just stay on the ship and use the pool! It will be virtually empty--and it's a great time to USE that ship that you've paid dearly for! In Nassau, it's easy to walk on and off the ship at will---go an check out the straw market and shopping area, then head back to the ship for a swim and some lunch!

It's actually very nice staying on the ship when it's in a port that doesn't have anything major that interests you!

The sand flea report was an old, old report. Is there a new one? I was there 2 months ago and there were NO sand fleas. I guess the report from a few years ago talked about standing water, but they took care of that.

If you saw a new one, give me a link please.

As far as Atlantis beach, NO, the price for the beach excursion through the cruise line is ridiculous. You can go to the beach next to Atlantis for free. Cabbage beach is a free public beach...why pay for it?

Take a taxi for $4pp or take the water taxi for $3 pp and follow the crowd to the public beach.

We did this excursion through Carnival last June and it was wayyyyyyyy overpriced! Even the gigantic lunch they served was poor! Definitely take the taxi to Cabbage Beach!

The beach at Atlantis was not shaded but they rented you umbrellas for a fee (on top of the excursion rate!!);) The total excursion for the four of us was around $300. At the time, I thought it included the slides but found out the hard way! Hope this helps!

We love Blackbeards, too!! I'm sad about the fleas!

Michele, Thanks for the info on Cabbage Beach.

Here is a recent thread on sandfleas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=469943&highlight=sand+fleas+blackbeard

Check page two for most recent problems.

DH & DD are bug magnets and have reactions to bites.

Can I just say that I am a wee bit surprised by that Blackbeards report. The person said they were there a couple of weeks ago, then someone else was there days later and had no problems. :confused: I was there in September and I can tell you there were no bugs.

I would book it again tomorrow if I could.

Archived