Walk to Port Evergladees

chiokie

I am staying at the Reniassance hotel on the 17th street causeway and sailing on Princess from terminal 2. Can you walk to the terminal? What is the apporximate distance? I called the hotel and they told me you could not walk into the port for security reasons. Be gentle this is my first post.

I am staying at the Reniassance hotel on the 17th street causeway and sailing on Princess from terminal 2. Can you walk to the terminal? What is the apporximate distance? I called the hotel and they told me you could not walk into the port for security reasons. Be gentle this is my first post.

I've dropped my brother and sis-in-law off at Princess ships in the past and it is not a walk you would want to make. It's quite a trek from the port entrance to the area where the Princess ships are.

I'm also pretty sure you can not walk to your ship. There is a security check point you have to go thru and I don't think they would take kindly to people walking up with luggage in hand....In all my years here, I've never seen anyone walking thru to a ship

Cab ride from the Renaissance to the ship should be no more than $10.00 - I work in the same plaza as the hotel and park my car in the hotel garage and take a cab over when we sail out of Ft Lauderdale.

I wouldn't recomment walking, and The security issue is true. I was dropped off by my nephew last year who left his drivers lisence in the hotel room (he wasn't going on the cruise, so he hadn't checked out yet). The security officer at the port was very specific, he wanted ALL of our ID"s, so my nephew had to drive us back to the hotel to get his wallet to even be able to enter the port.

Cheryl

OH MY!! No you would not want to try and walk.

Like others said they probably would not let you past security station and then

going by all the cargo ships, container ships unloading with trucks and loaders all over the place would not be good. In some areas I'm not sure but seems to me there are not sidewalks all the way ?? and you would have to walk along the street in some areas.

Take a taxi or shuttle.

Walking does not sound like an option...

In Galveston last time we were only 2 blocks from the ship. They said lots of people walk.

I took my dh and dd to the ship and went back to park the truck. Then I hiked the (little) 2 blocks. What an adventure!! August in Texas is not walking weather, plus the crowds coming and going was very scary, and the smells of exhaust nearly did me in.

Needless to say I needed a margartia right when boarding the ship.

Oh, by the way, when arriving home, we took a taxi back the 2 blocks to our hotel!

Archived