2009 Carnival Platinum Gift...

cruiselover**

I just returned from the John Heald's Bloggers Cruise and on one morning there was a Q & A time with John. This was one of the questions asked of him. It was stated that people can only use so many bags and thermoses and he was asked if the Platinum Perks program was being revamped.

I cannot remember his words verbatim but in essence he said that yes, Carnival had just hired a new head for that department and the entire program was going to be redone. It was mentioned that there would possibly be numerous items offered and that Platinum guests could choose from them. It was also mentioned that those with 25+ sailings might be receiving a Black S&S Card to show their ultra VIP status. John did say that loyal guests of Carnival should receive more perks than they are now receiving and that a lot of things were in the works.

Hope this helps.

I just returned from the John Heald's Bloggers Cruise and on one morning there was a Q & A time with John. This was one of the questions asked of him. It was stated that people can only use so many bags and thermoses and he was asked if the Platinum Perks program was being revamped.

I cannot remember his words verbatim but in essence he said that yes, Carnival had just hired a new head for that department and the entire program was going to be redone. It was mentioned that there would possibly be numerous items offered and that Platinum guests could choose from them. It was also mentioned that those with 25+ sailings might be receiving a Black S&S Card to show their ultra VIP status. John did say that loyal guests of Carnival should receive more perks than they are now receiving and that a lot of things were in the works.

Hope this helps.

That is good news that the VIP dept. will be redone. This was my first VIP cruise last week, so the thermos is my first gift & will come in handy for future cruises.

Hi all - just returned from the Holiday today and the gift was still the thermos. :rolleyes: I think we have 5 or 6 now. Something new would be great!

We also added to our comment cards the suggestion that they have a 'Platinum guest party' as the past guest parties are getting HUGE!

We also added to our comment cards the suggestion that they have a 'Platinum guest party' as the past guest parties are getting HUGE!

Great idea - The thought has crossed my mind too but I never think of putting it on the comment card. Think I'll drop a note to Customer Service. Been meaning to do that anyway to tell them about the wonderful service one of their purser office staff, Salvino, provided us with on the Freedom.

• 5 months later...

Archived