Quality of the restaurants on Journey

DanielBu

Hello everybody,

I saw a lot of nice pictures here taken of the outstanding food on Azamara Journey. I was wondering if those artistic dishes were served even in the main-restaurant or only in places where extra-fees had to be paid.

Do you think the included meals are as nice as the ones in the specialized restaurants?

Thank you for your opinion (hope my English is good enough :rolleyes:)

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

Hello everybody,

I saw a lot of nice pictures here taken of the outstanding food on Azamara Journey. I was wondering if those artistic dishes were served even in the main-restaurant or only in places where extra-fees had to be paid.

Do you think the included meals are as nice as the ones in the specialized restaurants?

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

I loved the food on Azamara, more so than any other cruise line, which I have found to be soooo bland.

I think the specially restaurants are going above and beyond, just to get people to go and the cruise line earn a extra fee.

If people will ignore the so call specially restaurants, it will soon go back to outstanding service in the dining room, which in my opinion is still far above the dinning rooms on Celebrity or other comparable cruise lines.

Hi Daniel,

The food in the main dining room is very good, but the food in the specialty dining rooms is a notch above, and presentation is more artistic. At only $5. per person additional charge, the specialty restaurants are really a bargain on Azamara, compared to fees for specialty restaurants on some other lines, and they are well worth going to each one once (if not more.)

We also enjoyed the food in the buffet restaurant. This was the first cruise we've been on that we've chosen to eat at the buffet restaurant for dinner on a few occasions because the food was so good ... it was really enjoyable dining under the stars!

Hi Daniel,

The food in the main dining room is very good, but the food in the specialty dining rooms is a notch above, and presentation is more artistic. At only $5. per person additional charge, the specialty restaurants are really a bargain on Azamara, compared to fees for specialty restaurants on some other lines, and they are well worth going to each one once (if not more.)

We also enjoyed the food in the buffet restaurant. This was the first cruise we've been on that we've chosen to eat at the buffet restaurant for dinner on a few occasions because the food was so good ... it was really enjoyable dining under the stars!

We were told that it was 5 dollars for a suite and above and 25 dollars for others, do you have any information on this?

We were told that it was 5 dollars for a suite and above and 25 dollars for others, do you have any information on this?

No, other than we were on Quest (in a category 1A) for 2 weeks in October and only paid $5. pp optional gratuity charge for the SR's ... and that was what others here have reported back. Did they change their policy already?

This is posted on their website:

Guests who have booked a stateroom will receive two nights of complimentary specialty dining, and guests staying in a suite will receive three nights of complimentary specialty dining. Additional complimentary reservations will be accommodated on a space-available basis. Click here to view a menu from our specialty restaurants.

There is a $5 per person "suggested gratuity" in the specialty restaurants, but no additional charge for any category of stateroom. At the end of the meal you will receive a card to sign and fill in the amount you wish to leave (which can be nothing, although the service was so top-notch that I think it would be churlish to do so). You will receive a separate receipt for any alcoholic beverages or bottle water, and an 18% gratuity is automatically added.

I thought the food in Aqualina was excellent and the food in Prime C was even better. Both were far better in food and service than the main dining room IMHO (in my humble opinion) and well worth the additional cost.

There is a $5 per person "suggested gratuity" in the specialty restaurants, but no additional charge for any category of stateroom. At the end of the meal you will receive a card to sign and fill in the amount you wish to leave (which can be nothing, although the service was so top-notch that I think it would be churlish to do so). You will receive a separate receipt for any alcoholic beverages or bottle water, and an 18% gratuity is automatically added.

I thought the food in Aqualina was excellent and the food in Prime C was even better. Both were far better in food and service than the main dining room IMHO (in my humble opinion) and well worth the additional cost.

Why do you think that is?

Why should the food in the so called "specially restaurants be better then the dinning room?

Hummm.

[/b]

Why do you think that is?

Why should the food in the so called "specially restaurants be better then the dinning room?

Hummm.

Because they are called Specialty restaurants. Just as the food in the MDR is usually a cut above the buffet DR food, so too is the SR a cut above the MDR.:)

The speciality restaurant food is of a higher standard because they don't have 700 guests to cook for. I'm not sure how many the speciality restaurants can accommodate, but it makes sense that the food would be better when you are serving fewer people.

Hello everybody,

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

Hi Daniel !

We were happy with the food in the Main Dining Room, but I felt the 2 Specialty Dining Venues had some of the best food I have ever had on a Cruise, and I have been on a great deal of Cruises. I feel that the extra few dollars for the Specialty Restaurants is very much worth it.

Enjoy your Cruise !

The food in the alternative restaurants on Quest, the only Azamara ship I have sailed, was better than that on any other ship I have been on, including several Seabourn sailings. It was so good I still think of it (especially the cowboy ribeye) 8 months later.

One thing that a lot of people miss out on, are the stir-fry and pasta dishes to order served in the buffet restaurant upstairs. There is also excellent sushi and fresh salads available.

AND, it can be eaten under the stars as you watch the wake roll by.......:)

Some of the sushi lovers on our last cruise made a habit of going to the buffet at night for a sushi appetizer and then going to one of the other restaurants for the rest of their dinner. Not a bad idea, if you enjoy sushi.

Some of the sushi lovers on our last cruise made a habit of going to the buffet at night for a sushi appetizer and then going to one of the other restaurants for the rest of their dinner. Not a bad idea, if you enjoy sushi.

tgg:

Maybe you are referring to me and DH. That's what we did every night. We would have a Sapporo and cold sake to go with the sushi. They had some at the bar on the back deck where you can dine outside. We were on the Quest Panama Canal cruise March 1 2008. We plan to do the same on our two cruises coming up in April. Sushi every day- oishii desu ne!

tgg:

Maybe you are referring to me and DH. That's what we did every night. We would have a Sapporo and cold sake to go with the sushi. They had some at the bar on the back deck where you can dine outside. We were on the Quest Panama Canal cruise March 1 2008. We plan to do the same on our two cruises coming up in April. Sushi every day- oishii desu ne!

I hate to be a bearer of "bad news" but you should eat your sushi in moderation as too much does lead to increased levels of mercury in the body....Jeremy Pivens of Entourage fame was recently quite ill from high levels of mercury...the culprit? Sushi. Enjoy, but be careful

I hate to be a bearer of "bad news" but you should eat your sushi in moderation as too much does lead to increased levels of mercury in the body....Jeremy Pivens of Entourage fame was recently quite ill from high levels of mercury...the culprit? Sushi. Enjoy, but be careful

I had heard that about him-was a rumor as to why he wanted out of a contract. Sushi every day for 2 weeks only isn't going to kill us. It will just make us very, very satisfied! If this was true about the mercury the Japanese would be dropping dead right and left.

Archived