Query for any Canadians

red knight

Does HAL still make Bloody Ceasers? I know they used to do this and trumpeted the fact as being Canadian friendly, but it has been a while since I sailed with them and am curious to know!

Had them last April/May on the Ryndam. They will even make it with white rum if you prefer. Gail:)

What?!?! 4 cruises in and I've been deprived! I usually drink caesars or paralyzers, but just assumed that since I wasn't in Canada, I had to come up with something else. Not that the G and T's and the Pina Coladas weren't tasty, but would've LOVED a caesar! (or 6).

On the majority of our 19 cruises (various lines) we have been able to find this elusive mixer. Once we knew it was on board we had each of the bars we frequented stock up. The bartender always seem to please including worcester, horse radish, and lime. Ummm I can still taste them.:) Nothing like a custom made concoction. Sometimes citrus absolut adds a nice touch.

Great news! A week of Rum and Coke and Ceasers, now any good beers on board? And no I don't mean Corona!:D

Good beers? Sorry, no. The list is pretty horrible, from a Canadian point of view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=767018&highlight=types+beer

See EKerr19's post, #13

Budweiser (can)

Bud Light (can)

Miller Light (can)

Miller Genuine Draft (can)

Heineken (can)

Grolsch (bottle)

Corona (bottle) usually available - but not always

Sharps - non alcoholic (can)

However, if you search this board, it appears that you can (sometimes, depending on the ship) bring aboard your own beer, just like wine.

I've never tried this...but my Dad has, many times, in ports of call (not embarkation)

On the majority of our 19 cruises (various lines) we have been able to find this elusive mixer. Once we knew it was on board we had each of the bars we frequented stock up. The bartender always seem to please including worcester' date=' horse radish, and lime. Ummm I can still taste them.:) Nothing like a custom made concoction. Sometimes citrus absolut adds a nice touch.[/quote']

We also have had it served with a large shrimp adorning the glass(yum). There's nothing like the crunch of a Ceasar's celery stick though.:D

' Oh Canada" !!

I've been able to get Caesars on every HAL ship I've been on and they have been awesome! I had to laugh when I was on a Princess ship the waiter in the dining room was telling a customer that a caesar was the same as a bloody mary but the liquor was different:D.

What?!?! 4 cruises in and I've been deprived! I usually drink caesars or paralyzers, but just assumed that since I wasn't in Canada, I had to come up with something else. Not that the G and T's and the Pina Coladas weren't tasty, but would've LOVED a caesar! (or 6).

You more than made up for it in Victoria! ;) Larry will be happy though as it's his favourite brunch beverage.....and Norma and I will have a few Pina Coladas in your honour while in the turquoise cabana :).

Now if Larry could only get some good beer onboard, he would be truly happy....and good to Canadians excludes just about every beer that HAL carries (especially all of that watered down US beer ;) ).

In my wilder youth we refered to American "Beer" as having been passed through a totaly natural organic filter...called a horse! Now at least they have some very nice tasty micro brews down south. However I doubt they are on board, but with Ceasers handy I may just be able to survive a week without one of my favourite Pale Ales!

Great news! A week of Rum and Coke and Ceasers, now any good beers on board? And no I don't mean Corona!:D

"Don't mean Corona" of course not.

I used to buy beer in Mexico regularly, at the warehouse they distributed all the beers from that brewery. The proprietor said he didn't know why people drank it, maybe mostly Americans! They make a good dark ale called 'Negra Modelo' which we can buy in the local stores.:)

Good beers? Sorry, no. The list is pretty horrible, from a Canadian point of view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=767018&highlight=types+beer

See EKerr19's post, #13

Budweiser (can)

Bud Light (can)

Miller Light (can)

Miller Genuine Draft (can)

Heineken (can)

Grolsch (bottle)

Corona (bottle) usually available - but not always

Sharps - non alcoholic (can)

However, if you search this board, it appears that you can (sometimes, depending on the ship) bring aboard your own beer, just like wine.

I've never tried this...but my Dad has, many times, in ports of call (not embarkation)

On our 2 week Maasdam trip in November,we were able to get Stella Artois

Archived