Kids Bon Voyage Gifts

A couple of years ago on the Radiance we got out kids the food packs. We thought it would be good to have snacks in their cabin and it was a nice little surprise. They came in lunch bags that we used forever to remember the fun and the snacks were pretty good too, a good variety

There is soooo much food available on the ship (that's included in your fare) that raiding the mini-bar, or purchasing something extra...well, why?

Why? Because they like to have some goodies awaiting them when they open the cabin door just like Mom and Dad like their champagne on ice waiting :) Some ships have nice baskets filled with t-shirts, glasses, etc- but I don't see that offered on RCCL- only crayola stuff.

I'm purchasing one candy basket and one crayola basket.

Have you considered creating a customized welcome aboard gift for them from home? I did that on my kids first cruise and they loved it. They opened it onboard while I was busy setting up the cabin. It included underwater disposable cameras, flip flops for the pool area, a diary, candy/snacks, fanny packs (this was many years ago - no flames please!) $ for their spending and a note from Mom telling them how happy I was to have them onboard with me.

My 6 yr old LOVED the Crayola set that was waiting for him in July. It had the pages and markers that turn color when you use them and a carrying case (green). The pages are all ocean related. He doodled in it while I was getting ready for dinner or back in the cabin between activities. He also LOVED the Adventure Ocean program. I had to drag him out at night. Some nights between 1-2AM!!! He still talks about it.

We get them every year for the kids. They love walking in the door and seeing something for them from Royal Caribbean. That being said, its not a lot of stuff and it rarely makes it past the first night. The Ben & Jerry's package is really cool (literally lol) but the Voyager doesn;t have one this trip around. For the $20, IMHO, absolutely worth it!

lablvr2,

What a nice idea - I think I might do that. I'm sure they would love the underwater camera, flip flops etc.... I will just have to think of how to pack the extra stuff. Any suggestions on how you do that?

I did this long before the extra stuff on board flights became a problem. I forgot to mention for a Christmas gift, I gave them boarding passes inside a carry on luggage. That was the big perk and they have never forgotten that! I truly think that the small things can be hand carried on board flights if you have to fly. My kids had new Tevas for the cruise but I just gave them the flip flops to use on the ship so we wouldn't have the issue of the lost Tevas as they were 10 and 13 at the time. I can still see my kids curled up in their beds writing the days events. It was wonderful. They still talk about that voyage :)

For those sailing out of Cape Canaveral, consider ordering from a place with a larger selection like The Perfect Gift in Cape Canaveral; they deliver to cruises sailing out of Port Canaveral. I've never used them before but I know one of the owners, Shirley, posts a lot on the DIS-DVC board; I've read her helpful posts over a number of years. I've also read many posts from happy customers on the DIS boards. I've seen her post here on the Florida ports board when folks have a question about Cape Canaveral. I think you can call the shop and customize a basket. I'm considering making my own surprise gift for the kids or ordering from Shirley for our May Freedom of the Seas cruise.

Archived