Kid identification

sprite

Hi all - I have some kid ID questions on RCI. This will be the first time traveling with kids so I dont' know what to expect. DS is 2 and 1/2 years old and DD is 5 months. I have an impression that the cruise line issues matching ID bracelets (like at the hospital) but I'm not sure. So what can I expect as far as identification? Will my parents be able to take the kids on and off the ship or will it have to be me or DH only?

Thanks!

No they do not issue matching ID braclets. They do issue braclets with the number of your tender station on it. But those are for the kids in Adventure Ocean.

I would love to say yes, your parents will be stopped from taking the kids off of the ship. But I am not 100% positive that is the case. :( Some say yes, you have to be present to give permission, some say no.

One thing, you say your DD will be 5 months when you sail. Did you book before they created the new 6 month age minimum for sailing? I hope so, otherwise you will be denied boarding.

I am hoping too. I reread it and I hope the DD is 5 months NOW. ;) The Explorer cruise is in 2 months.

Have no fear - DS will be 7 months at sailing time. (Here's to hoping she still fits in all her 6-9mo clothese I got her!).

Anyway, should I be surprised anyone can take kids off the ship? I know kids aren't the cruise lines responsibility, but still I thought there would be something.

I just ordered some of the disposable Tyvek bracelets to put on DS.

Anyway, should I be surprised anyone can take kids off the ship? I know kids aren't the cruise lines responsibility, but still I thought there would be something.

Well put it this way, there is SUPPOSE to be something that keeps strangers from being able to take kids off of the ship. The crew is suppose to match cards/names. But if they all do that. :confused:

And what if the mom has a different last name than the child. I am sure that is pretty common. So the crew would just let them on through without question.

Archived