Solstice TV Question

ronbetty2001

Anyone know if you can hook up a DVD player to the 32” TV in the Cabins. We are on the Feb. 1, 2009 sailing and would like to hook up our portable DVD player to show our film to some friends aboard of our trip together in Italy last year. Our DVD player has RCA jacks. What kind of impute jacks are with the TV?

Thank you in advance,

Hi,

Somewhere in all the pictures of Solstice, I recall seeing a picture of the connections on the side panel of the flat screen TV. If memory serves me correct, there were ample RCA connections.

I am hoping to be able to connect my digital SLR camera to the TV and review pictures as we go along, too. We do this at home with our 42" flat screen, and it's great fun to see the pictures full screen.

CM

Here is a photo of the connections on the back of the TV, that I took on one of the pre-inaugurals.

You can see there are connections for just about anything, and they are easily accessible as the TV is on a swing-out arm.

Hope this helps!

PB100118.jpg.a22f13ad3fbb4d6b502bd22781ac0980.jpg

While the access to the RCA hook ups is easy, I could not figure out how to switch the tv to any of the inputs. There was nothing on the remote to access anything other then regular tv. If someone else figured it out they were smarter then me,

While the access to the RCA hook ups is easy, I could not figure out how to switch the tv to any of the inputs. There was nothing on the remote to access anything other then regular tv. If someone else figured it out they were smarter then me,

If the TVs are anything like those on the Independence OTS (and I suspect they are) then this post nails it. You can plug anything you want into the jacks but there is no way to access the feed from the remote (which is non-standard) or the TV itself (which I believe has been disabled),

No one smarter in my cabin either, even with a techy teenager. The free-on-demand movies stopped working after a few days and following a number of calls to GR, the IT guy finally showed up. Basically, he had to re-boot the computer and mentioned this was a common issue. Hint: mini-computer is behind the chest of drawers, which is why your undies will be pre-warmed.

We had cables to view photos from digital camera and had been unsuccessful. He confirmed that no, could not do that either. Even though all those connections are on back of TV, they are disabled. So good luck with your DVD player, but wouldn't count on it.

And as of Xmas cruise, the ship's locator system still wasn't working. Missed the weather information, etc. but supposedly X is working on that problem.

We had cables to view photos from digital camera and had been unsuccessful. He confirmed that no, could not do that either. Even though all those connections are on back of TV, they are disabled.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up on this.... I had really hoped that with the new flat screen TVs we'd finally be able to access our digital photos. DRAT!!

Oh, well, I'll just have to look at them on the laptop screen. :)

CM

Yes there are multiple RCA, HDMI, S-Video etc. inputs on the side and rear of the TV. And no, the don't work. Whether they have been disabled or not I'm not sure but you don't have any menu options for changing the input feed and it doesn't happen automatically. I tried every trick that I could short of trying to plug into the mini computer itself. I thought that might get me in a bit of trouble.

Archived