Rasberry Fizzes

Diddles62

OK..Queen of the RASPBERRY FIZZ checking in...LOL...

I had never had one, - before my hubby went in the cocktail demo on our Diamond Princess cruise 4 yrs ago.... OMG!!!...he got to try a few...:eek: different cocktails,...

... at the end of the demo he was given a RASPBERRY FIZZ.... then of course... he made his HUGE mistake, he gave it to me!!!!

Well, just let me say it is my absolute favourite drink....which I find hard to believe as it contains vodka...:D and I am usually only a wine drinker....there ya go!!

Anyhow...Raspberry fizz is based on Raspberry Vodka, Chambord, soda water, crushed fresh raspberries, and crushed ice, with a twist of lemon etc on the rim...there may also be something more in there, but that is the recipe the barman told us.

I am hanging for one as we speak, and only have 4 weeks to wait, then we are back on the Diamond again for 2 weeks.

It is a gorgeous drink, very thirst quenching, as it is in a very tall glass, and has the unfortunate characteristic of tasting JUST LIKE RASBERRY CORDIAL..I kid you not...

Do try one, you will love it!!!!

We have just purchased onboard credit to use on the ship in Feb, a wise move says my hubby, who thinks it may JUST pay my bar tab...OOOHH!!!>>>>;);)

Hope this helps....

anyway..we can sit at the bars and drink...because as yet..we still have NO CABIN allocated!!!!

S&D

0037-0707-0920-3004_TN.jpg.f558820e4f52ac3a991c2ad3efa09028.jpg

Hi Sandra,

Must try a raspberry fizz. It isn't too sweet is it??

By the way, we don't have our cabin allocation for our Pacific Sun cruise at the end of the month either. It will come. I hope it will be on the Personalizer before departure day, but if it isn't we will find out when we get to the wharf. Just as long as we are on the ship - that's all that matters. :D:D

Evon.

Yes, quite sweet, but actually not as sweet as some of the other cocktails like BBC's etc.... we shall make it our business to try a LOT of others on the cocktail menu this time, as well as the Fizz's!!....;):D...we will consider it as Cruise Critic research of course!!!!!,,,,

S&D

cocktail.gif.d2614ba3a64bb252dfed2732c9e3b41c.gif

As a fairly new member of CC who has learnt an enormous amount of valuable information about cruising from this website, I feel it is my turn to give something back to the forum.

In 5 sleeps I will be on the Sun Princess and for the sake of S & D (and her husband's credit card) I am willing to help her in her cocktail research. I will make it my personal mission to sample as many as possible, and include a review of them all.

It's the least I can do for the people on this forum.

Hi there Essence08,

You go girl!!!!!!

we expect a FULL report upon your return!!!;):eek:

We are taking 2 of our very best friends with us..(they have not cruised before).. and we are looking forward to working our way thru that cocktail menu with them in 4 weeks time..woo hoo...

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.08203ab1ebbc21082f3c50aed71cc9f8.jpg

Yes, quite sweet, but actually not as sweet as some of the other cocktails like BBC's etc.... we shall make it our business to try a LOT of others on the cocktail menu this time, as well as the Fizz's!!....;):D...we will consider it as Cruise Critic research of course!!!!!,,,,

S&D

oh!..now you're talking...BBC - my most fave cocktail ever.

Originally tasted it on Pacific Princess - we were in the elevator with another couple and they were drinking them- we commented on how nice they looked and got to have a taste - became firm friends with the couple (still firm friends 6 year's later) and also became true lovers of BBC's.

it would be good to hear about other's fave cocktails.

p.s. Diddles..I don't normally drink either, but, unfortunately ;) BBC's are more like a creamy desert

S&D

Don't forget to try the chocolate banana - my favourite :D mummsie

Oh Mummsie,

I had forgotten about the choc banana...LOVE IT TOO!!!!!..and the BBC...

They will need the forklift to get me off the ship....... must do twice as much dancing than normal - to make up for all those cocktails......;);)

S&D

pinkcoctail_03.gif.f000dd6a1d6d8f7f062d1dfd6a03cceb.gif

BBC Cocktail recipe - there are a couple of different versions-

Bailey's Banana Colada (bbc)

3 oz. Pina Colada Mix -

1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream -

1 Banana -

1 oz. Banana Liqueur -

1 oz. Rum

o

very creamy, cool, tall and yummy

I think I'll try a liquid diet for my cruise - surely that will help keep the weight off ?!? :p

Or does that not work if the liquid is Rasberry Fizz, BBC, and other such drinks??

chocolate banana is definately not for the diet conscious - its hershees chocolate sauce, cream, milk, banana and kaluha :D - mummsie

Archived