Canapes

Luckysll

One of the activities our roll call has planned is a poker/cabin crawl. My cabin is one of the host cabins and I need to provide snacks. I could do chips, etc., but that would mean either finding a store pre-cruise, buying on board, or bringing with me from home, so I thought I'd order a canape tray through Gifts and Services. Has anyone ordered one before?

1. How good (tasty) are they?

2. Roughly what time of day are they delivered? I'm not sure yet what time the cabin crawl starts, but I don't want them delivered too late or too early.

3. Is there anything available through room service that I could order (can't remember off the top of my head if they have something like this or not.)

4. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Sandy

Forgot to answer your other questions.

1. Room service will usually come within 20 minutes of ordering. If our crawl starts at 2 PM (I think?) would order about 1 30.

We are second on the list as host so either we can order or the first cabin could order or the first couple could order. or _______.

We have been happy with stuff ordered from room service in the past. Rather good chocolate chip cookies as I recall.

They do have a habit of forgetting some stuff so generally we order extra.

Stu

Thanks, Stu. I may end up doing this.

We have a large roll call and, so far, around 35 or 40 people signed up for the poker crawl, so I figured canapes would be easier, but certainly ordering from room service would work, too.

One of the activities our roll call has planned is a poker/cabin crawl. My cabin is one of the host cabins and I need to provide snacks. I could do chips, etc., but that would mean either finding a store pre-cruise, buying on board, or bringing with me from home, so I thought I'd order a canape tray through Gifts and Services. Has anyone ordered one before?

1. How good (tasty) are they?

2. Roughly what time of day are they delivered? I'm not sure yet what time the cabin crawl starts, but I don't want them delivered too late or too early.

3. Is there anything available through room service that I could order (can't remember off the top of my head if they have something like this or not.)

4. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

What is Canapes? We are Platnuim this cruise and was told we get canapes in our room. Someone told me that canapes was "candied grapes" but I think they are pulling my leg

What is Canapes? We are Platnuim this cruise and was told we get canapes in our room. Someone told me that canapes was "candied grapes" but I think they are pulling my leg

Since I'm not sure, I will play this one straight. Yes they are pulling your leg. Canapes are little appetizers. Cheese and crackers, pieces of shrimp, all kinds of fancy little things to taste and eat, usually with drinks. Usually served with drinks at cocktail parties, for example.

We purchased canapes from the bon voyage department prior to the cruise. Did not like them what so ever. We received about 3 dozen on a platter. Blah, blah, blah.

They came about 4:30pm our first night on the ship.

FYI-room service limits the order to 6 items only. Having been on board with a family of 4 was hard. We could not all get a sandwich and fruit plate...too many items.

The easy way would be get to the platter from Bon Voyage. Be sure to note, you don't want it for sail away.

I wasn't too impressed with the quality..but for a poker crawl it will be fine.

Better than chips.

You might want make a trip or two to the lido deck and get some pizza and extra plates and ask them to cut up the pizza small. Supliment with some fruit bowls from the lido. (bring toothpicks) and some cheeses.

Just see what the offerings are that day and load up a few plates to take back to your room.

Easy packable things: M&M's in a ziplock. (bring bowl from the lido). Same form Snickers and mini candies.

Water Crackers and Canned Pate. (get a knife and plate on board).

Get a stack of cocktail napkins from the bars the night before too.

If you're getting sandwiches from room service..grab a steak knife the night before so you can cut them into single servings.

The fish and chips bar (up stairs on the lido..kinda hidden) has an Ahi Tuna on watermelon..but ask them about getting 10 or so pieces on a plate...the day or so before.

We are platinum and haven't been impressed at all with the "canapes". We did not eat them because we couldn't identify what it was. Raw fish? or something similar wrapped in a piece of cucumber. We don't do sushi but you never know you may love it.

I'm thinking about this some more.

I wonder if you can have items mailed to the ship before departure?

Hickory Farms has a very affordable gift basket.

Even if it might be logistically difficult to have that mailed and delivered to your room. It looks easily packable in a suitcase. (bring more crackers..they never give you enough or maybe some of those mini-rye breads--which pack well and don't break). That might be the way to go..it has mustard, cheese, and meats..just bring some lettuce from the lido and pack some of the mini rye bread and they'll have their own sandwiches.

Now, if you want to go high class...and have a CostCo's..near the port. They have some decent Cavier..but you'd need to get vac pack bellini (warm in the sink under hot water)..or Toast from the lido. But you'd have to keep the Cavier Cold with ice packs in a mini-cooler..so..probably not the best idea.

Archived